Ran latest update, weather way off and landing Arpt

bobsk8

Not sure if this is relevant, but I ran latest EFB ( server and client) update this morning. Shooting approach to KMSY, MY ATC program ( PFE) had the correct wind  070 at 9mph, and so did AS 16. The wind indicated in EFB was showing 270 at 12 knots. I have never had this happen before. Any ideas ? 

3 hours ago, bobsk8 said:

Not sure if this is relevant, but I ran latest EFB ( server and client) update this morning. Shooting approach to KMSY, MY ATC program ( PFE) had the correct wind  070 at 9mph, and so did AS 16. The wind indicated in EFB was showing 270 at 12 knots. I have never had this happen before. Any ideas ? 

Hi Bob,

In any case this has notrhing to do with the update as there were no changes at all in this subject. So it might be a hiccup within the data transfer between AS16 and EFB. Have you tried the "refresh" key on the settings page". Other than that I don't have any other explanation as I work daily and on a regular basis with ASV4 and ASXP without any glitches. Sometimes also a restart of ActiveSky can help.

• 2 weeks later...

Still having problem with weather at landing airport. wind only. Using AS 16. Just landed at KSJC, EFB said the wind was 170 at 4 knots. The baro pressure is correct, temp OK, but the wind is not correct. AS 16 has the wind at 360 at knots, alng with two other programs that I use that report the wind, like landing rate monitor. . I have tried hitting the refresh button, but the wind is stuck under the arrival airport on the right side of screen. By the way ,   The AC ambient wind is correct at 000 at 6 knots.  This happened yesterday to, on another flight where landing airport wind was reported incorrectly. 

clientLogfile.txt clientLogfile-1.txt