Data Base Warning

Hi,

I added some scenery in P3Dv4.5, but had to move the folder to a add on folder. Now the data base builder finishes with a "WARNING"  <c:\fs p3d\fLYtAMPA\tAMPA> does not exist. That's correct since I moved it to a different location.

How can I delete this particular scenery search?

Thanks for help

3 minutes ago, Juergen2 said:

Hi,

I added some scenery in P3Dv4.5, but had to move the folder to a add on folder. Now the data base builder finishes with a "WARNING"  <c:\fs p3d\fLYtAMPA\tAMPA> does not exist. That's correct since I moved it to a different location.

How can I delete this particular scenery search?

Thanks for help

Juergen,

You have obviously moved the folder, but not changed the respective entry in the scenery.cfg. You need to correct this too. If it is not in the scenery.cfg but within the new package system (I have no idea how Flytampa installs), you need to start the Sim until the UI is loaded and thereafter do a rebuild of the database. The package system is administered by P3D.

36 minutes ago, Juergen2 said:

Oscar,

you are correct, but which "SCENERY.CFG" file is it, that I need to correct?

Thanks

Well, the one that P3D is using. You can find the path in the DbBuilder. Standard path is: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4. All other scenery.cfg files that are lurking around in the installations are not used.

S_CFG.thumb.png.dd886b69671a1413c19f66879267be48.png

Oscar,

I guess I had a "senior moment"; couldn't figure out where EFB's scenery.cfg file was shown/located. I got it now.

However, I am loading scenery via "add-on.xml" into P3Dv4.5, which are located in C:/Documents/Prepar3Dv4Add-ons. how do these sceneries/airports get loaded into the EFB scenery.cfg file? Do I have to make manual entries?

Thanks again for help

3 minutes ago, Juergen2 said:

Oscar,

I guess I had a "senior moment"; couldn't figure out where EFB's scenery.cfg file was shown/located. I got it now.

However, I am loading scenery via "add-on.xml" into P3Dv4.5, which are located in C:/Documents/Prepar3Dv4Add-ons. how do these sceneries/airports get loaded into the EFB scenery.cfg file? Do I have to make manual entries?

Thanks again for help

Juergen,

No, those entries are NOT part of the scenery.cfg. This is the part that I described above. P3D V4 does the administration of these packages. But to apply changes in the system the simulator must be run AT LEAST to the GUI (that's the page where you  select your flight) and then be CLOSED. Thereafter the changes in the Package System are applied. There is nothing you can do manually unless you are EXTREMELY FAMILIAR with the Package System.