Cannot Start Server With Desktop Icon

Thanks for the latest v2.1. After updating, when I click on the Dekstop icon I get the following message:

EFB Server cannot run without administrator rights

Please see manual '3 EN server.pdf, chapter 'first start',

'important'

The manual tells me to click on the desktop icon, which obviously is my very problem...it does not allow me to run the server. I can  " run as administrator" though, but I would like to just click on the desktop icon like I always have.

Regards

6 minutes ago, canadagoose said:

Thanks for the latest v2.1. After updating, when I click on the Dekstop icon I get the following message:

EFB Server cannot run without administrator rights

Please see manual '3 EN server.pdf, chapter 'first start',

'important'

The manual tells me to click on the desktop icon, which obviously is my very problem...it does not allow me to run the server.

Regards

Hi ??? (please observe the Forum Rules)

The manual tellst you to always start with full admin rights. See screenshote below:

admin.png.88d29a47f6459d1782689f1521e798a3.png

Thanks, Post was in English, Title was Meaningful, Did not use tags. My real first name is Tom.  So, I assume I must start with Full Admin rights the first time. I did. Just wondering why I cannot simply click on the desktop icon after the first start (with full admin rights). I was able to do that prior to the latest update. Are you saying I now have to run the server as administrator?

1. Simulator type: P3Dv4.4
  2. EFB v2.1 Server and Client Build #106
  3. EFB v2 setup: single machine
  4. EFB v2 setup: default path
  5. Using licensed version
  6. If the issue is related to database or procedures: - N/A
  7. If the issue is related to a certain airport: - N/A
  8. If it's an add-on airport N/A
  9. Steps to reproduce the behavior

Tom

8 hours ago, canadagoose said:

Thanks, Post was in English, Title was Meaningful, Did not use tags. My real first name is Tom.  So, I assume I must start with Full Admin rights the first time. I did. Just wondering why I cannot simply click on the desktop icon after the first start (with full admin rights). I was able to do that prior to the latest update. Are you saying I now have to run the server as administrator?

1. Simulator type: P3Dv4.4
  2. EFB v2.1 Server and Client Build #106
  3. EFB v2 setup: single machine
  4. EFB v2 setup: default path
  5. Using licensed version
  6. If the issue is related to database or procedures: - N/A
  7. If the issue is related to a certain airport: - N/A
  8. If it's an add-on airport N/A
  9. Steps to reproduce the behavior

Tom

As the text in the manual says: Always start the Server with full Admininstrator Rights. To achieve this permanently, rightclick the Server Icon, selecte the "Compatibility" tab, mark the Checkbock and close the window by pressing "Ok" as shown below (Unfortunately in German). This way the Server is always started with Full Admin Rights.

Admin.png.5496edd683f1021406ba844464111735.png