Uninstall Beware

Iv'e been a user of EFB1 for many years and downloaded EFB2 demo to take a look. I have all my addons in a folder naturally called addons each in their own folders. Anyway i installed the demo into this addon folder but instead of it going in to its own folder it installed into the main folder so i uninstalled it using the uninstall feature in the download HOWEVER as well as it uninstalling itself it went on to uninstall every single addon in the folder...EFB1, 3 products of Rex, Navigraph, PTA and others. So if you need to uninstall this product BEWARE.

Hello ??? (please observer the forum rules)

5 hours ago, BackupGibbon said:

Anyway i installed the demo into this addon folder

The installer is using (or creating if not ye available) the path which you enter in the respective textbox. If you just point to 'addon' then it is obviously installed into just 'addon'. Into which subfolder did you install it below 'addon' ?

• 3 months later...

The same thing happened to me. In my opinion this is a fault of the Aivlasoft installer. Normally when you point an installer to a folder to install the installer will create its own Folder for instsalling the software. Then and only then an unistaller should remove a folder. Before doing so the uninstaller should ask whether this particular folder with its content should be completely removed. I was really upset when realising what had happened. All my software I had installed in that folder was erased without warning. You should urgently improve this uninstalling procedure.

Hi Michael,

the purpose of an uninstaller is to uninstall the entire content of the folder which was selected when the software was installed. If this folder was wrong than this is not a fault of the installer or uninstaller.

Normally when you point an installer to a folder to install the installer will create its own Folder for instsalling the software.

I doubt whether this is 'normal'.

If you have a look at the respective dialog of the installer, there is clearly stated that "Setup will install AivlaSoft EFB in the following folder", and not in any other (assumed) folder. Apart from this, we do recommend to use the proposed paths, exactly to avoid situations as you experienced.

Installer.png

19 hours ago, Michael Schuch said:

You should urgently improve this uninstalling procedure.

I don't think so.