Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello Guys...

I did the update (build #106) for both client and server.  The Client never loaded..'Waiting for Server' (local).  I have the Server going but the Client never loads.  

Any help would be appreciated!!

 

Alex B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, atrailblazer said:

Hello Guys...

I did the update (build #106) for both client and server.  The Client never loaded..'Waiting for Server' (local).  I have the Server going but the Client never loads.  

Any help would be appreciated!!

 

Alex B.

Hi Alex,

Please post the Support Files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Alex,

 

It seems that you did not update both Server and Client the same way. You obviously downloaded the Full Client Installer and updated the Server. This way two different TCP Port numbers are used which makes a connection of course impossible.

What I see from the Support Files:

Server TCP Port Number: 51748

Client TCP Port Number: 57892

We have changed the Port Numbers with the latest update for several reasons. This implies however that either BOTH Server and Client are UPDATED (this will not change the TCP Port Number) or BOTH Server and Client are NEWLY INSTALLED (this will change the TCP Port Number). Using Update on one component and Full Install on the other just results in what you have got.

 

Easy remedy: Close both Server and Client.  Start the server, go to the tab Settings/System and change the TCP Port Number to 57892. Then restart the Server and the Client and you should be fine.

 

TCP.png.b7c5d9e246eb781f363672f405f75b4b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lonewulf...

It's working now!  Thank you for your help.  Yes, I uninstalled the Client, reinstalled it.  When I did the update it showed an error and didn't take.  I should have done both, but didn't.

Again, thank you.  Have a good weekend!

 

Alex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, atrailblazer said:

Lonewulf...

It's working now!  Thank you for your help.  Yes, I uninstalled the Client, reinstalled it.  When I did the update it showed an error and didn't take.  I should have done both, but didn't.

Again, thank you.  Have a good weekend!

 

Alex

Thanks Alex, for the update. Great to hear that it works now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to add my experience to this thread - I started the Server and it said there was an update (#108), which I did. It said to run the DbBuilder to update the sim, which I also did. Then I started the Server. I then ran the Client and it asked to update (to #108) so I let it update as well. However, when I tried to run it, it stuck at 'Waiting for Server (local)'. I had to go into the ClientSettings.txt and change the port to what the Server was set to (57892). There were no errors and both programs are run as administrator.

It appears the client updater does not change the port (but it did change the Program Version entry).

Just letting you know.

 

Randy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Randy,

12 minutes ago, RRVyper said:

However, when I tried to run it, it stuck at 'Waiting for Server (local)'.

 

what you describe is exactly the situation which Lonewulf47 explained some posts before. When you ran the complete Installer on the Server side, it was setting a new port number. But you did not run the complete installer for the Client, instead of just ran the automatic update which does not change the port number. Therefore you had to manually adjust the port number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Negative, Urs. I ran the automatic update for both the Server and the Client. That's why I wanted to mention it.

 

Randy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

 

And I have the exact same issue as mention by RRVyper above I was prompted by MS to do an update and reboot on windows 10. This morning an update on EFB. Server part went ok Client is now waiting for server

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robert_folmer said:

Hello

 

And I have the exact same issue as mention by RRVyper above I was prompted by MS to do an update and reboot on windows 10. This morning an update on EFB. Server part went ok Client is now waiting for server

 

No update on Client??

Please submit Support Files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...