FSDT Chicago O'Hare Runway question

I have FS DreamTeam KORD installed for P3Dv4. Looking at the runway designations in ADE, Runway 10/28 is described as that. But after running the database update that runway is shown as 10L / 28R in the Client map. I'm reading AP_KORD.bgl in the OhareX\Scenery folder.

When I run MakeRwys it creates a runways.xml file that also identifies them as 10/28. I'm confused. Why the difference and how to correct it?

31 minutes ago, RayProudfoot said:

I have FS DreamTeam KORD installed for P3Dv4. Looking at the runway designations in ADE, Runway 10/28 is described as that. But after running the database update that runway is shown as 10L / 28R in the Client map. I'm reading AP_KORD.bgl in the OhareX\Scenery folder.

When I run MakeRwys it creates a runways.xml file that also identifies them as 10/28. I'm confused. Why the difference and how to correct it?

Hi Ray,

Pretty simple. Whatever airport GBL you use, EFB is trying to assing the proper identifiers to a RWY. In this case - although RW28 only exists in your airport BGL, - there are NO procedures for RWY28, but only for RWY28R at this position. That's why WFB changes the identifier to 28R which is the proper identifier for this particular RWY, no matter whether the remaining RWYs 28C and 28L exist in your airport GBL. The procedures are for RWY28R. See KORD airport diagram here: https://aeronav.faa.gov/d-tpp/1904/00166ad.pdf#nameddest=(ORD)

59 minutes ago, RayProudfoot said:

Thanks Oskar. I must admit I didn't consider real-world data. To ensure Radar Contact gives me the correct runway designator I should really edit the AFCAD and amend the runway so it matches the real-world one.

Well,  yes, that might be a good idea. EFB will only be able to depict procedures if they match with the real world RWYs. To check this in EFB you may use the CTRL+ALT+R combo to show ARINC (Real World) RWY layout overlay.

2 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Well,  yes, that might be a good idea. EFB will only be able to depict procedures if they match with the real world RWYs. To check this in EFB you may use the CTRL+ALT+R combo to show ARINC (Real World) RWY layout overlay.

Good tip, thank you. 👍