Wrong gates at addon airports

qqwertzde

Hello,

I noticed that EFB2 displays wrong gates at many of my addon airports (such as FlyTampa CYUL, Aerosoft EDDK, ...). It may be that Traffic Global plays a role in this, which adds airports AFCAD files to my system. However, the priority of TG files is as low as possible (just above default scenery), whereas the addon airports are at the top of my scenery.cfg file. Other programs, such as FSCaptain or LittleNavMap do identify the gates correctly. 

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

18 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

Hello,

I noticed that EFB2 displays wrong gates at many of my addon airports (such as FlyTampa CYUL, Aerosoft EDDK, ...). It may be that Traffic Global plays a role in this, which adds airports AFCAD files to my system. However, the priority of TG files is as low as possible (just above default scenery), whereas the addon airports are at the top of my scenery.cfg file. Other programs, such as FSCaptain or LittleNavMap do identify the gates correctly. 

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

Hi Peter,

It is very simple to find out which BGL is used to draw the ground map. Just press the Info (i) button on the top and look for the entries under add-on/file(s). See screenshot. The topmost 1) is used for ground layout. if this is not your add-on, the the priority (layer) in your scenery.cfg is wrong.

DISP_PRIO.png.ed6dcc343590e13711a7fe3a9764703f.png

Hello Oskar,

many thanks for your help, I just checked it out for EDDK. It appears that EFB2 correctly puts the Aerosoft scenery on top (see attached image), but the result may be incorrect (see, for instance, page 52 of the Jeppesen chart). I checked out runways.txt, which is created by Pete Dowson's makerunways.exe. Interestingly, it does not list the bgl file that is on spot 1 in the EFB2 information.

The file on spot 2 is an old scenery that I have removed since I took the screen shot. I re-ran the database builder and makerunways and verified that the gate layout is still the same as displayed in my screen shot. However, since I removed that file, LittleNavMap shows the same gates as EFB2. So maybe EFB2 was correct all along? I couldn't find a more recent chart than the one above, I will continue to investigate.

Best,

Peter

EDDKproblem.jpg

Hi Peter,

EFB v2 can only depict what the developers are willing to supply! Or in other words, a Ground Layout is not necessarily correct according to real life charts if the developers chose to use different - maybe outdated - data. This is true not only for the gate positions and size but also for taxiway layout and other things on the ground map. While this may sometimes look like a disadvantage, it has the advantage that EFB2 is always drawing what is present in the SIMULATOR, but not in real life. EFB v2 is always using the BGL on top of the list to draw the ground layout.

Unfortunately there are a few rare developers who do not even supply a correct layout in their AFCAD file or - as a worst case - do not supply an AFCAD BGL at all with their scenery. In this case EFB v2 will simply draw whatever it can find for a pecific airport, mostly the default AFCAD then. So as a conclusion, the ground layout is dependent on the accuracy of the developer's BGL.

Hello Oskar,

I consulted the Aerosoft forum and it turns out that EFB2 was actually right all along. After some further digging, I realized that my other addons were wrong because my makerunways.exe installation in P3D v4 was not correct. I fixed this and now all addons seem to agree on the gates.

Congratulations to Urs and the rest of the team that EFB2 was the only addon that got things right :)

Cheers,

Peter