MEGA AIRPORT BRUSSELS DATABASE

Hi,

i dont know if any of you came across the following problem.

When installing Mega Airport Brussels X (aerosoft) and then performing the database update on the server

the client shows only 2 runways instead of 3 HOW DOES THIS COME

I removed the airport again and defaulted then back to the original and then it shows 3 runways

any ideas...because this is driving me crazy :) 

1 hour ago, pietermottie said:

Hi,

i dont know if any of you came across the following problem.

When installing Mega Airport Brussels X (aerosoft) and then performing the database update on the server

the client shows only 2 runways instead of 3 HOW DOES THIS COME

I removed the airport again and defaulted then back to the original and then it shows 3 runways

any ideas...because this is driving me crazy :) 

Well, My guess is that Aerosoft's Designers deactivated RWY 01/19 to prevent AI traffic on crossing RWYs. A remedy is described here: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3005-afcad/ So far noone had complained about this specific airport as it is quite old. Nevertheless if someone could post the AFCAD BGL of EBBR here, I could modify it for use in the mentioned AFCAD folder. The AFCAD BGL is most probably named EBBR and -AFX- somewhere in the name.

1 hour ago, pietermottie said:

Where can i find the AFCAD BGL ???? in the folder in fsx from the airport? and why if the airport code is EBBR the file would be called EDDB???

I found this file in Brussels Airport folder... let me know if this is right and thanks for helping me out

regards,

Pieter

AFX_EBBR.bgl 82.37 kB · 1 download

EDDB = Typo of course, already corrected some time ago. The file you sent is the correct one. I'll give it a try to convert. As presumed rwy 02/20 has not AIT traffic and is therefore not active. Be aware that RWY 02/20 is not existing anymore today. It has changed to 01/19 some time ago.

Lonewulf47 :)

im happy to announce that your fix worked ...super ...because now of course we solved 2 problems at once, the reason the GPS wasn't showing the route was because of this runway not appearing. Once i added the EBBR bgl file, 3 runways show and the flight plan gets automatically send

great help,

thanks a lot

2 hours ago, pietermottie said:

Lonewulf47 :)

im happy to announce that your fix worked ...super ...because now of course we solved 2 problems at once, the reason the GPS wasn't showing the route was because of this runway not appearing. Once i added the EBBR bgl file, 3 runways show and the flight plan gets automatically send

great help,

thanks a lot

Great to hear that all works now as it should...

• 1 year later...

Gents,

I have a related problem at EBBR after installing the supplied BGL into Server\AFCAD folder. I use GSX and it's using a different AFCAD so the gate numbers don't match up. Is the simplest solution to move your AFCAD into the EBBR\Scenery folder and rename the existing AFX_EBBR.bgl?

24 minutes ago, RayProudfoot said:

Gents,

I have a related problem at EBBR after installing the supplied BGL into Server\AFCAD folder. I use GSX and it's using a different AFCAD so the gate numbers don't match up. Is the simplest solution to move your AFCAD into the EBBR\Scenery folder and rename the existing AFX_EBBR.bgl?

Hi Ray,

I'm not current on GSX, which AFCAD it uses and so on. IF GSX uses the AFCAD of the airport installation (which would then be the one above that I converted), then of course it could also be renamend and used instead of the original AFX_EBBR.bgl. The reason why wo do not recommend it at first hand is the negative influence on the AI Traffic (which is then - at least partly - allowed, where it shouldn't be). The second reason of course also being eventual copyright claims from the developer. Neverhteless if you do such things on a private basis, I bet noone will harm you...😀 Don't forget to re-run the DbBuilder thereafter.

Hi Oskar,

I renamed the original and dropped your BGL into the relevant scenery folder and rebuilt the EFB database. Gates now align correctly and I’ll keep an eye on the Ai.

Understand the copyright reasons why you have a different name for yours.

My best to you and Urs. 👍 

3 minutes ago, RayProudfoot said:

Using the supplied AFD things became worse. The taxi line had me going through buildings. Huh?

And then I found the problem. I have the JustSim EBBR, not Aerosoft! 😁 Back to the drawing board.

Yep, that's what I was afraid, because there are two developers for that airport. Are you familiar with ADE? Otherwise you could post the bgl affectd and I'll do the changes for you.

1 minute ago, lonewulf47 said:

Yep, that's what I was afraid, because there are two developers for that airport. Are you familiar with ADE? Otherwise you could post the bgl affectd and I'll do the changes for you.

Thanks Oskar. I'm okay using ADE. I presume the only change you make is to enable 01/19. Does the ILS need enabling too?

Oskar, the AFD did include 01/19 but using Find Faults showed the ILS was way out of position and using the default so couldn’t be deleted.

When I tried to compile it warning messages appeared which I couldn’t follow. So unable to get ILS for 01/19 recognised by EFB. Is that runway in use?

54 minutes ago, RayProudfoot said:

Oskar, the AFD did include 01/19 but using Find Faults showed the ILS was way out of position and using the default so couldn’t be deleted.

When I tried to compile it warning messages appeared which I couldn’t follow. So unable to get ILS for 01/19 recognised by EFB. Is that runway in use?

Yes, ILS 01 & 19 are still in use. Please post the BGL here and I'll see what I can do...😀 There is almost always a solution...😉