Save new or updated Flightplans

romair

Hello Experts

I have a wish for the flightplans saved with .pln format.

With the  menue "Save route"  you can save into the AivlaSoft - routes folder with EFB flightplan format .efbr (good for working on fligfhtplans)

and we can safe under FSX/P3D .pln into any flightplan folder who serves FSX/P3D .pln or flightplan folders within addon aircrafts where .pln can be used with their FMC.

If you want to save .pln into an other than FSX/P3D folder (example: F:\Prepar3D v4\QualityWings\FlightPlans) you must change the route to the resp. flightplan folder.

May I ask you to create some more selectable fields where we can write .pln in different flightplan folder. (similar than in SimBrief downloader ?

Would be helpful.

regards Roger

EFP-Flightplan.pln.PNG

On 3/15/2019 at 3:23 PM, romair said:

May I ask you to create some more selectable fields where we can write .pln in different flightplan folder. (similar than in SimBrief downloader ?

Hi Roger,

sorry for the late reply.

For the time being we do not have any plans to change/enhance this function. It might be that this will become a feature with the next major release (v3) but nothing is promised.

Hello Urs

Thanks for reply. I do hope that this could be implemented on a next update.

I am not the only simmer having this wish. It would be extremly helpful.

You may know that I am supporting many simmers up to the north of Germany and I have been introduce AivlaSoft EFB almost to all clients

if working with P3D.

An outstanding addon for the simmers.

regards Roger

Roger,

Just a personal thought on this topic: in my opinion storing of flightplans is much too overrated. Sounds strange? No, not at all. We have so many means to create a flightplan within extremely short time. Furthermore using an updated (always actual) Navdatabase is a requirement for serious simming anyway. In this context you will note that within a relatively short time routings will change considerably just by the fact that the ARINC navdatabase has changed. This becomes more and more true by additional flow limitations within future modern free airspaces. So, as a conclusion a stored route loses its value quite quickly. A fresh one is created almost instantly. I personally do no store ANY route for exactly that reason. Just a thought from an old aviator though...😁