Real world weather download interval

Swordfish

Hello,

Is there a way to increase the download interval for getting the real world weather? The metar showed in Aivlasoft EFB is always older than the one published on the NOAA website. Even manually clicking on the  Refresh button (settings - global) doesn't load the latest weather from NOAA. It looks like this button doesn't work at all.

The funny thing is that if I (as a workaround) select a different weather provider like for example ActiveSky click apply the correct and latest metar gets loaded and correctly displayed in the EFB, so the METAR from ActiveSky is newer then the METAR "loaded" from NOAA

Thanks,

Hi Björn,

Real World Weather (from NOAA) is downloaded every 30-45' and cannot be increased. This is to prevent abuse of the bandwidth of the servers. The 'Refresh' button is working (at least as designed). According to the manual you may press it after a change of the weather provider, if the data is then not refreshed within a few moments (before pressing this button, please keep in mind that refreshing weather might take up to 10-15 seconds, depending on the weather provider).

1 hour ago, Swordfish said:

The funny thing is that if I (as a workaround) select a different weather provider like for example ActiveSky click apply the correct and latest metar gets loaded and correctly displayed in the EFB, so the METAR from ActiveSky is newer then the METAR "loaded" from NOAA

It might be that ActiveSky knows a better address to get more recent METARs and TAFs.

Hello Urs,

Thank you for your quick reply!

48 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

Real World Weather (from NOAA) is downloaded every 30-45' and cannot be increased. This is to prevent abuse of the bandwidth of the servers.

That's something I was already thinking about.

The good thing is that the EFB also can display the ActiveSky weather so the weather displayed is always the same as in the Simulator, although sometimes it's not always the most current weather, something I've to except.

Thanks again!