Input string error

Hi,

I have my efb server and client on the same machine.  I also run another client on my surface to remotely monitor the flight.  But now I am getting an input string error, that is forcing me to uninstall and then reinstall the client.  It also happens on my surface where the client will not load.  I tried to screen capture the error but the file is too large.  It reads:

Input string was not in a correct format.

at System.Number.StringtoNumber(String,st,Number styles option, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)

at SystemNumber.Pareseint32(string s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormat info)

at f.y.r.g.w(String A_0)

at f.y.r.g.ycn(String A_0, String A_1, f A_2, String A_3)

at f.f.y.fc.p()

Is there something I'm missing here?  I never had problems with the previous installations and now every time I go to launch the client I have no option but to uninstall and reinstall.

Help!

Steve

Hi Steve,

Please post a Support File https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3046-how-to-create-a-support-file/ Alternatively you could also post the latest logfiles for the server and each client to be found in their respective documents paths.

I do not understand why you feel forced to continuously un- and reinstall? There is no reason to do so just because an error is showing up. That's why we have this support function with the logfiles. Reinstalling will never correct any misbehaviour as you are always installing the same files into the same path!

• 1 year later...

Jorge,

thank you for the support files.

You have a completely outdated installation of EFB (Server 2.0.58.0, Client Client 2.0.76.0) which is not supported anymore since a long time.

Apart from the outdated versions, the versions for the Server and Client are completely different! This, of course, will never work.

I really don't understand why you did not update the software to the latest version.

Please run the uninstallers from the "Apps and Features" (or Control Panel) and then download the latest complete installers from the download page.

Then perform a clean reinstall of Client and Server to have them BOTH on the latest version 2.1.116.

I know it, but in that version was the only way for me to have a good datebase build, when i update de program a lot of SID, STAR, RWYS are missing.So i prefer to star in outdate versions that work fine for me that on new version. I did yesterday an update and of course, database was not built in a good way and the server cotinued with some error logs.

IO-m going to do now a clean installation.