Display online traffic

zimmer46

Have been a user of EFB since it first arrived many years ago and currently trying EFB v2 at the moment.   One of the things I really liked on v1 was the ability to display VATSIM traffic before making my FSX connection to VATSIM.  This enabled me to see where other traffic was on the ground and avoid spawning on VATSIM on to of another plane.  OK if we both have crash detection off it's not an issue, but if the poor guy I land on top of doesn't, them I could ruin his day.   As far as I can see this is not possible in v2 ?   I can only display traffic when I connect the sim to VATSIM, or am I missing something ?

Andrew     

Just found reference to this in the Client manual - 13.2.
If I am reading this correctly, the VATSIM traffic should be getting displayed even before I connect my vPilot client.    I am running the setup on two networked PC's.  ie EFB Server and vPilot HOST are on my FSX PC, and EFB Client and vPilot remote client is on a separate PC on the network.    Checked the Traffic Monitor on the Server and it's blank until I connect vPilot.  When I disconnect vPilot the Monitor clears and does the ground map on the EFB Client.    TRFC and T/LBL buttons are green on EFB Client.  

Andrew

Thanks Urs.    I should have found that thread myself !   I did search ….honest !

That explains it.   Just needs a small change to my usual procedure.  I can actually get to the stage where I am selecting the stand I will spawn at while displaying other online traffic.  I have always restarted my sim before starting anew flight anyway, so it works for me.    

Still evaluating V2.   To be honest I do like it, but having used V1 from just about when it was launched, its really just a matter of getting used to the new version.   "Teaching an old dog new tricks" as they say ;-)

Andrew