Addon scenery not detected by EFB2

Mario Richard

Windows7 64 bit;

Prepare3d v3.4;

ORBX GLOBAL and VECTOR;

Activesky Next;

EFB2 server is located on the flightsim computer;

EFB2 client is on a remote computer.

HI, I have 3 or 4 addon sceneries that are not recognized or not being seen by efb2 even after I do a flight simulator update with the Aivlasoft EFB2 DbBuilder.

As an example, see the picture below:

mynn.png.d00ab38dd4b7d1e6996079dd850db110.png

See Add-on: NO

The .bgl files are located in the following directory folder: C:\Prepar3D v3\TropicalSim\NassauX\scenery\MYNN*.bgl

This is a Tropicalsim NASSAU (MYNN) scenery (one of the sceneries not detected by EFB2).

Any ideas of what could be the problem Please?

Thank You

Mario

Hi Mario,

I take it that you use the "old style" scenery.cfg to administer the sceneries (the newer package system already being introduced but rarely used in P3D V3). The main question is, whether there is a useable AF2-type (AFCAD ground layout) BGL contained in the scenery. TropicalSim is one of the designers which does not provide this all the time in their older sceneries, because it is not really required for a scenery to display properly in P3D.

Could you please post a screenshot of the contents of the  "C:\Prepar3D v3\TropicalSim\NassauX\scenery\" folder? This would at least facilitate identification of the file in question. From there we could dig a bit deeper into investigation.

8 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Mario,

I take it that you use the "old style" scenery.cfg to administer the sceneries (the newer package system already being introduced but rarely used in P3D V3). The main question is, whether there is a useable AF2-type (AFCAD ground layout) BGL contained in the scenery. TropicalSim is one of the designers which does not provide this all the time in their older sceneries, because it is not really required for a scenery to display properly in P3D.

Could you please post a screenshot of the contents of the  "C:\Prepar3D v3\TropicalSim\NassauX\scenery\" folder? This would at least facilitate identification of the file in question. From there we could dig a bit deeper into investigation.

HI Lonewulf47, thanks for your quick reply. Here are the content pictures of the scenery folder as requested. I hope there is somthing you can do to correct the situation. I forgot to mention that the Nassau scenery is an old one made for FSX. I had to use Migration tool to install it. If you can't do anything no worries, I'll remove the scenery.

Thanks again for your help. It is appreciated.

MarioSceneryfoldercntent1.thumb.png.cbe5e3f6ea6f3e5688a0e2ebbf314dd3.pngSceneryfoldercontent2.thumb.png.a574c5169fc30fda15b36167480dda47.png

Hi Mario,

The file in question would most probably be the AF2_MYNN.bgl. Could you please create a support file and post it here? This might give us some more clues why this file was omitted. I take it that the airport is properly listed in the scenery.cfg?

Edit: I see that you are running the Client on a remote computer. A support file from the Server (the button with the Livesaver) would be sufficient.

13 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Mario,

The file in question would most probably be the AF2_MYNN.bgl. Could you please create a support file and post it here? This might give us some more clues why this file was omitted. I take it that the airport is properly listed in the scenery.cfg?

HI, I have just checked and the scenery is not listed in the scenery.cfg. How is that possible?

11 minutes ago, Mario Richard said:

HI Lonewulf47, here is the support file. Thanks.Client_201902171328.txt

Thanks a lot, Mario, however I would require the Server SupportFile... 😄 All database building files are in that compilation. Nevertheless it you tell me that the scenery is not listed in the scenery.cfg, then the Supportfile would not reveal any other things...

Thank you Mario,

There's not much that I can see. I'm wondering a bit about the content of the scenery.cfg. Although you posted a screenshot of the installation path of your sceneries, there is NO entry for any TropicalSim path! So, something seems to be quite "off course" with your scenery.cfg.This something that we can't correct from our side.

There is also a warning that a scenery folder is missing.

2 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Thank you Mario,

There's not much that I can see. I'm wondering a bit about the content of the scenery.cfg. Although you posted a screenshot of the installation path of your sceneries, there is NO entry for any TropicalSim path! So, something seems to be quite "off course" with your scenery.cfg.This something that we can't correct from our side.

There is also a warning that a scenery folder is missing.

HI Oscar, thank you again for taking the time to help me. I will check evrything and see if I can solve the scenery.cfg file problem.  Thanks again for your time especially on a Sunday.

Best Regards,

Mario