VATSIM traffic not visible??

Just want to ask if its possible to view other VATSIM airplanes on the ground?

Had a online flight earlier today with several other airplanes at the same airport but thoose was not visible at all in EFB??

harris

make sure you have the show grd traffic mode highlighted in the systems section.

You will see traffic on the ground depicted as aircraft but with no data. Go to a busy airport to check this out any of the major US airports or Heathrow in the UK.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe i guess you mean in System > Settings somewhere ...

I use default settings and it should be active i from the beginning I think.

Let me know if I need to change some settings to be able to view VATSIM traffic, becouse i cant find it.

Haris,

What Vatsim client software do you use - SB3 or 4, or FSInn, or something else?

And since you're asking about ground traffic, am I correct in assuming that you can see airborne Vatsim traffic??

I've only made one online flight so I'm mostly in the dark here myself.

Regards,

one thing I found is that it shows the vatsim traffic depending on your client area, so if you set it to 10 miles within fsinn/sb4 it only shows the stuff in 10 miles so you need to increase the distance to 60 miles for example to actually see traffic

There are two places where one can define whether and how much traffic should be displayed:

- Pilot client software (FSInn, SB3/4, IvAp): Most of them have a slider or a similar control where the range around your current position can be selected. This value is somehow the "master" value.

- EFB settings: "Charts" - "Traffic": Herein you select

a) whether you generally want to have the traffic depicted (checkboxes at the upper area of the dialog), and

B) you may set a horizontal range (which obviously cannot be higher than the "master" value set in the "pilot client software") or a vertical range in feet, or both of them.

- If the values a) and B) are set then you can switch between "traffic visible" and "traffic not visible" using the chart option for traffic "TRFC".

Independent from the "pilot client software" value the biggest range is approx. 100 nautical miles, which is a limit that is defined by the AI/Multiplayer-traffic system from FSX.

I am using FSINN as a online client. I just upgraded EFB to v.1.3.0 so there is a new tab "Online" in the EFB. I guess i have to make some setup settings to view the traffic online. I also notice that "TRFC" button in EFB is not available!

That maybe explain the missing traffic?

Ah, That would be it then, there are a couple of files you need to download and install which are available from the EFB download page.

Also you need to configure the display unit to access the VATSIM data. The full instructions are in the new installation manual also available from the download section on EFB's site

Wycliffe