Taxi in instructions missing for Gates.

bobsk8

2 hours ago, KiloJuliett said:

Bob, please provide some more details so we can analyze this issue.

A start would be a set of support files. Do you use an add-on scenery? If yes, which one? What aircraft profile was used? Did you change it? Have you tried to disable the PRFL filter (to be found in the airport selector)?

I had an add on scenery for KMSP. I disabled it, ran  DB builder again, and now have just stock P3D v 3.4 KMSP scenery. Prfl filter on/off no difference. P3D sees all the airline Gates, A though G. PF3 assigns correct Gates when landing. Moving map shows all gates, with AI aircraft parked at some. It is just the Taxi list, that only shows general Aviation Ramp numbers. Client_201902101604.txt.zipServer_201902101604.txt.zip

That sounds somewhat weird. I have the default KMSP loaded and it shows >150 gates in the taxi list! Same in the (i) Parking List. Do you see this behaviour also on other airports or only in KMSP. How did you disable the Add-On KMSP? Do you have the "Scan all sceneries regardless of 'Active=True or False'" Checkmark set or not?

16 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

That sounds somewhat weird. I have the default KMSP loaded and it shows >150 gates in the taxi list! Same in the (i) Parking List. Do you see this behaviour also on other airports or only in KMSP. How did you disable the Add-On KMSP? Do you have the "Scan all sceneries regardless of 'Active=True or False'" Checkmark set or not?

Only this airport has this problem. I always use the Q400. I have scan all sceneries checked. I disabled add on scenery by deselecting it in P3D scenery menu. I disabled My Traffic scenery with that airport by naming the bgl. passive. So the only scenery that should be active now is P3D default for KMSP.  Only thing that has me confused is I can't locate the default bgl for KMSP. 

I see that you have various other possibilities to create a problem with this BGL. Deselecting does not necessarily prevent it from being scanned. That's why you also need to check the "Scan all sceneries regardless of 'Active=True or False'" checkbox, whether it is checked or not. the default BGL for KMSP is usually part of \scenery\0202\scenery\APX23160.bgl. You can find the path in the "information" page. There you will also find the information which BGL file is actually used to draw the ground layout. All information that is accessible to all users...

KMSP_info.png.1f9f072bfd0d9bdce56df72f11ba878b.png

That's how it should look if the default BGL is used (looks similar in P3D V3.4)

38 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

I see that you have various other possibilities to create a problem with this BGL. Deselecting does not necessarily prevent it from being scanned. That's why you also need to check the "Scan all sceneries regardless of 'Active=True or False'" checkbox, whether it is checked or not. the default BGL for KMSP is usually part of \scenery\0202\scenery\APX23160.bgl. You can find the path in the "information" page. There you will also find the information which BGL file is actually used to draw the ground layout. All information that is accessible to all users...

KMSP_info.png.1f9f072bfd0d9bdce56df72f11ba878b.png

That's how it should look if the default BGL is used (looks similar in P3D V3.4)

You are a genius  ( applause)  That was the problem. Even though I disabled the add on scenery for KMSP, which is problematic apparently,  it was still being read by EFB, whbich was listed on the "info" page ( took me awhile to find  that) I removed the add on scenery from the folder, totally, reran the DB builder, and now everything is working. 

Thanks. Great support for EFB.