Sign in to follow this  
PeterMcAreavey

Deleting some of my other files when uninstalling using the uninstall client

I couldn't figure out how to activate my account with the license. I had been using the free trial but uninstalled it and when uninstalling it, it deleted some of my other files off my PC for no reason. I uninstalled the efb to see if I could get it activated that way. Why has this happened?

36 minutes ago, PeterMcAreavey said:

I couldn't figure out how to activate my account with the license. I had been using the free trial but uninstalled it and when uninstalling it, it deleted some of my other files off my PC for no reason. I uninstalled the efb to see if I could get it activated that way. Why has this happened?

1.) EFB v2 Installer only deletes files in its own installation paths. "some of my other files" is a very unspecified desription. What exactly should that mean and how did you uninstall?

2.) About the activation of the account just read the manual (3 Server) and all questions are answered

1) I got the my EFB activated in the end by reinstalling so all is good there but.

2) I used the efb uninstaller it came with because I reinstalled it to make it active. while uninstalling it also deleted files from my desktop and completely removing them from my PC. No clue why as this would happen.

1 hour ago, PeterMcAreavey said:

1) I got the my EFB activated in the end by reinstalling so all is good there but.

2) I used the efb uninstaller it came with because I reinstalled it to make it active. while uninstalling it also deleted files from my desktop and completely removing them from my PC. No clue why as this would happen.

No clue either. The Uninstaller only removes files from within the datastructure of EFB. Are you sure that the "removed" files were not only linked icons? Linked icons pointing to a file within EFB's datastructure will of course be removed.