Jump to content
CaptainK77W

EFB v2 client isn't refreshing the flight

Recommended Posts

Hi there, 

 

I'm running the client but for some reason it seems to be stuck on a previous flight, which was done in an A319 at Brussels. I'm now in a 747 at Heathrow, but the client can't seem to "find" that? I've clicked on AUTO, but that didn't help at all. I'm thinking it might be a simconnect issue, but I'm not sure. What should I do? Thanks in advance.

 

Giancarlo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Giancarlo,

 

Failure to find the position is mainy caused by a connection error. In the case of EFB v2 connection is provided by FSUIPC. Please look at the STATUS window in the right upper corner. What does it say there? Is there any indication that the Simuator is not connected?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't say the simulator is connected. It's just saying "Simulator" in yellow. However, I've just realised I've uninstalled FSUIPC the other day. I'll install it again, and will let you know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Simulator in AMBER means that the Simulator is not connected. This is simply a warning. FSUIPC is a REQUIREMENT for EFB v2 (see manual). Of course EFB v2 will not connect to the Simulator if FSUIPC is missing..😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi i have simulator in yellow, fsuipc working fine. i managed to load FP and see aircraft Moving. but if I try inserting a SID or a STAR it doesnt reflect on FSX's GPS. how can I fix please? thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mehdi NAGUIB said:

hi i have simulator in yellow, fsuipc working fine. i managed to load FP and see aircraft Moving. but if I try inserting a SID or a STAR it doesnt reflect on FSX's GPS. how can I fix please? thanks 

There are two things contradiction each other: "simulator in yellow" and FSUIPC working fine". If "Simulator" is depicted in YELLOW it simply means that the Simulator has NO CONNECTION to the Server. Have you checked the proper version uf FSUIPC is in use?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

There are two things contradiction each other: "simulator in yellow" and FSUIPC working fine". If "Simulator" is depicted in YELLOW it simply means that the Simulator has NO CONNECTION to the Server. Have you checked the proper version uf FSUIPC is in use?

Dear lonewulf47 thanks for replying, appreciate it. i use FSX SE and Aivlasoft v2 build #61. it shows fsuipc well connected (see image attached). i also run fsuipc with a paid version see below as well.

 

within the client i see this below in black.  so not sure what is going on. i load a FP, it appears on my EFB. i see the plane Moving when I taxi. but if i try changing the SID and i click on SET FPL, it doesnt reflect on the FSX GPS. maybe its not writing to the FP file eventhough i think it points at the right place (see below too from server app)

 

when i star a flight i see this

 

image.png.29bb85b00612519280c2503b8f653436.png

 

THANKS FOR ANY HELP. 

 

image.png.4f8d75a4cc55800ae386c09879852f91.png

 

 

 image.png.9ad1b937953e2eff66cba5f505134fce.png

 

 

 

 

image.png.a5ad724f95adecdb4de197875cdbb0f7.pngimage.png.f96370585f311cea2b359eab84641cf0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that you have your documents path set to a Cloud Drive (oneDrive). Can you confirm that also the EFB documents ase using this cloud path? EFB is not designed to work on any cloud, only within the computer's own (physical) drives. Virtual drives are not supported.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

I see that you have your documenzs path set to a Cloud Drive (oneDrive). Can you confirm that also the EFB documents ase using this cloud path? EFB is not designed to work on any cloud, only within the computer's own (physical) drives. Virtual drives are not supported.

hi i have changed it now 

 

but it still points to here  image.png.da4b1269d15c422886fcbb855b1f9cc8.png

 

 

while i want it to point here  C:\Users\nagme\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files  

 

thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mehdi NAGUIB said:

hi i have changed it now 

 

but it still points to here  image.png.da4b1269d15c422886fcbb855b1f9cc8.png

 

while i want it to point here  C:\Users\nagme\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files  

 

thanks 

This  documents path to the "Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files"is in fact (AFAIK) the correct default location for Flight Plans in FSX:SE. Did you change this folder earlier or did you have a double installation with "normal" FSX before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lonewulf47 said:

This  documents path to the "Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files"is in fact (AFAIK) the correct default location for Flight Plans in FSX:SE. Did you change this folder earlier or did you have a double installation with "normal" FSX before?

hi no i installed SE only on a new SSD. surprisingly both paths showed. i think issue is that fsx SE goes to get FP by default from FLIGHT SIMULATOR X while EFB detectes FSX SE and points to the FLIGHT SIMULATOR X - STEAM EDTION FILES path.

 

what i noticed is that when i load FP in EFB and changes SID for example, in FSX it totally loses the flight plan loaded. it becomes blank.

 

thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Mehdi NAGUIB said:

hi no i installed SE only on a new SSD. surprisingly both paths showed. i think issue is that fsx SE goes to get FP by default from FLIGHT SIMULATOR X while EFB detectes FSX SE and points to the FLIGHT SIMULATOR X - STEAM EDTION FILES path.

 

what i noticed is that when i load FP in EFB and changes SID for example, in FSX it totally loses the flight plan loaded. it becomes blank.

 

thanks 

Please let's take one after the other. We need to know which folder your FSX:SE is accessing for a *.pln type Flightplan. According to specs FSX:SE reads Flightplans from <Documents> "Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files". If EFB detects (correctly) an FSX:SE installation then this would be the correct path for any *.pln type Flightplan. Unfortunately not every FSX.SE installation uses this path as default, the reason for it is unknown to me.

Now the first thing you need to look at is where the transfer-file for the GPS is located. The name would be: "EFB_current_gps.pln". Please check in which of the two documtens paths you see this file. Make sure that you use an A/C which has this automatic transfer enabled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Please let's take one after the other. We need to know which folder your FSX:SE is accessing for a *.pln type Flightplan. According to specs FSX:SE reads Flightplans from <Documents> "Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files". If EFB detects (correctly) an FSX:SE installation then this would be the correct path for any *.pln type Flightplan. Unfortunately not every FSX.SE installation uses this path as default, the reason for it is unknown to me.

Now the first thing you need to look at is where the transfer-file for the GPS is located. The name would be: "EFB_current_gps.pln". Please check in which of the two documtens paths you see this file. Make sure that you use an A/C which has this automatic transfer enabled.

hi it goes here, in the steam edition path. not in the other one. but indeed in the other path is where fsx opens to file a fp. Currently there i see this below

 

thanks 

 

image.png.a15e7ba5f128e9a405e6570aca041f9e.png

 

 

image.png.c502488c60ac5bd42717e16b1ebdb367.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mehdi NAGUIB said:

hi it goes here, in the steam edition path. not in the other one. but indeed in the other path is where fsx opens to file a fp. Currently there i see this below

 

thanks

To me it seems that for whatever reason I don't know - FSX:SE is accessing and using the FSX default Documents path. I muyt admit that I'm not familiar with the what's and whereabouts of FSX Steam Edition. When and why it is using the default FSX path is completely unknown to me.

As a first remedy you can try to change the Flight Plan path manually. Do you have enough knowledge to manually edit a textfile?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

To me it seems that for whatever reason I don't know - FSX:SE is accessing and using the FSX default Documents path. I muyt admit that I'm not familiar with the what's and whereabouts of FSX Steam Edition. When and why it is using the default FSX path is completely unknown to me.

As a first remedy you can try to change the Flight Plan path manually. Do you have enough knowledge to manually edit a textfile?

yeah i play with cfg files sometimes … not too geeky but should be able to change Something :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, but first we need to sort out a few things about your installation. Please repot the build # of both Server and Client.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lonewulf47 said:

Ok, but first we need to sort out a few things about your installation. Please repot the build # of both Server and Client.

server is version 2.0 build 61

client is version 2.0 build 78

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mehdi NAGUIB said:

server is version 2.0 build 61

client is version 2.0 build 78

That's ok then. Those are the most recent builds.

I assume that you have standar installation paths.

Then go to C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\Settings and look for the file "serverSettings.txt"

 

- Make a backup copy of that file then open the original file with a text editor

- Look for the section [SimulatorFsxSe]

- Within that section look for the line

- FlightplanFolder = C:\Users\User\Documents\ Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files

- Here you should replace this entry with Flight Simulator X Files

- Do not change anything else nor add any lines and save the file.

- This should replace the Flight Plan path.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

That's ok then. Those are the most recent builds.

I assume that you have standar installation paths.

Then go to C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\Settings and look for the file "serverSettings.txt"

 

- Make a backup copy of that file then open the original file with a text editor

- Look for the section [SimulatorFsxSe]

- Within that section look for the line

- FlightplanFolder = C:\Users\User\Documents\ Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files

- Here you should replace this entry with Flight Simulator X Files

- Do not change anything else nor add any lines and save the file.

- This should replace the Flight Plan path.

 

 

 

hi i did as instructed. but the EFB current GPS file still appears in the previous directory. shall i delete it ? or move it to the  Flight Simulator X Files path ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mehdi NAGUIB said:

hi i did as instructed. but the EFB current GPS file still appears in the previous directory. shall i delete it ? or move it to the  Flight Simulator X Files path ? 

Die you check in BOTH directories and did you check the timestamp(s) of the "EFB_current_gps.pln" ?

Could you please attach the SupportFiles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, disregard the part about changing the storing path for Flightplans in the "ServerSettings.txt" files. This path is alyway read from FSUIPC and and thus not alterable. I wasn't aware of that anymore. In a newer build this path is not accessible anymore either. The point is that something with your installation seems to be wrong as FSX:SE is obvioulsy using the FSX Default Data path although in the registry the FSX:SE Data path is available. ATM I don't see any possibility to change this. Did you in the past change the FSX:SE installation in any way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Ok, disregard the part about changing the storing path for Flightplans in the "ServerSettings.txt" files. This path is alyway read from FSUIPC and and thus not alterable. I wasn't aware of that anymore. In a newer build this path is not accessible anymore either. The point is that something with your installation seems to be wrong as FSX:SE is obvioulsy using the FSX Default Data path although in the registry the FSX:SE Data path is available. ATM I don't see any possibility to change this. Did you in the past change the FSX:SE installation in any way?

no … anyway, we have tried.

thanks a lot ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...