Cannot start the Server - Port error

Flugkapitan

Greetings! 

Yesterday I downloaded and installed the EFBv2 Server and Client (Client on a networked computer) and flew a flight and was very impressed with the software.

However, today, when I attempted to start the server I get an error message to the effect it cannot reach any time server on the internet and to make sure port 13 is configured.....etc.

I looked through the FAQ's and attempted the "Bulldog Windows Defender" fix, but I could not get the computer to "like" the settings the poster had in his post.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards,

Scott

Hi Lonewolf47,

Thank you for the reply!

I looked at the URL that you provided. In there it says " (The default folder is: "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\License")."

I installed the program using the default/suggested locations and that folder is not located there. It is located at My PC\Documents\Aivlasoft\EFB2\Server\License. I don't know it that will make any difference or not.

Anyway, it does appear that trying 2 or 3 times, as it states in the posting, the server will eventually launch. Am I correct that if the software is purchased, then the server will no longer attempt to connect to a timer?

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

There's a little technical trick to properly display the correct path in the documents folder: At first sight it will display the default for anything inside the documents folder (in German here on my computer):

path01.png.6dd5a4bd5146edcc22ffa29f88b80037.png

however if you click onto the path window, the full path will be displayed:

path02.png.a9a154c77bfe304fa4d2d53f2d81d57e.png

So in any case the path is correct. It is however a well known fact that a timeserver is not always available at any split second. The reason for this is the fact is that almost ALL computers worldwide are accessing the same timeservers in various intervals. Given the fact that there are (estimated) at least 1 Billion computers trying to access the timeserver every time they deem it necessary to update the Computer's internal time, it is easily understandable that there can be some (excessive) delay to establish a proper connection. That's why it usually takes more than one attempt to connect.

This timeserver connection however is only required to verify the time-limited trial license. As soon as EFB v2 is fully licensed, no more access to the timeserver is required.