EFB V2 - "Database Error : Could not read Database due to errors. Please see the Logfile"

xxx

I install EFB Server choose the normal airac to install, then I get asked if Database Builder should start, clicking ok - reading out all Sceneries, then I close it, server starts and 

it appears an error Message : EFB Server cannot run when the EFB database builder is running although the builder I did close before.

So I click ok and try to start Server.exe manually but again another Error message saying: 

"Database Error : Could not read Database due to errors. Please see the Logfile"

Plz sbdy help me fix that - I dont even know where the logfile is located.

Thx much in advance

Regards Emanuel 

1 hour ago, xxx said:

I install EFB Server choose the normal airac to install, then I get asked if Database Builder should start, clicking ok - reading out all Sceneries, then I close it, server starts and 

it appears an error Message : EFB Server cannot run when the EFB database builder is running although the builder I did close before.

So I click ok and try to start Server.exe manually but again another Error message saying: 

"Database Error : Could not read Database due to errors. Please see the Logfile"

Plz sbdy help me fix that - I dont even know where the logfile is located.

Thx much in advance

Regards Emanuel 

Hi Emanuel,

Please create a set of support files according to the procedure here: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3046-how-to-create-a-support-file/ and post it here or alternatively to support@aivlasoft.com.

First thing is: when the DatabaseBuilder was finished, did you the select the database? (the button "select" at the lower right corner is active). So, after the database builder has finished the firs time, you need to select the required database.

DB_Sel.thumb.png.ea8d2732cb4e2659fbcf4797fe4bc802.png

I propose to run the DatabaseBuilder again and then not just close it but SELECT the required database. This will automatically start the EFB Server.

yes seems like that I dont have these in my....\Ready Folder 

I got a folder called P3DV4NG but this one is empty  &  text file called databases with the following content : 5|2|1802|1|NG-1802/R1|636836858821568994

Hi Emanuel,

it's very strange ... The Database-Builder suddenly quits without any error message, neither in the EFB log nor in the Windows Event log.

So I'm just guessing ...

In the logfile I can see that the database builder has not yet started to analyze the content of the BGL files. It was still listing the content of the scenery.cfg.

In your first post you mentioned the error message when you tried to start the EFB Server. That means that the Database-Builder was unexpectedly aborted but still available in memory. Is it possible that the Database-Builder was aborted by an external program? Maybe the Antivirus program? Are you running many more programs on that computer when you are trying to build a database? Have you already tried to build the database while no other programs on that computer are running?

Hello,

thank you for the file. Please have a look at the entry "Area.516": The path contains illegal characters such as [ ], { }.

Please also check for further invalid paths.

[Area.516]
Active=FALSE
Title=(MMMD) Marida
Local=L:\Addon-Szenerien\[MMMD] Marida [FSX]\{simroot}\Addon Scenery\(MMMD) Marida
Required=FALSE
Layer=516

how comes?

I don't know. Maybe you are using any third party tool to maintain the scenery.cfg?

Apart from that, another question: The scenery.cfg which is listed in the latest server logfile does not agree with the scenery.cfg which you sent in your last post?

12 minutes ago, xxx said:

it worked before with the same scenery.cfg

I don't believe so. The path contains illegal characters and therefore the program aborts. If it worked before, then only without this erroneous path.

2 hours ago, KiloJuliett said:
  • Remove the scenery entry pointed out by Urs from your scenery.cfg
  • Open the DBbuilder
  • Remove any existing databases
  • Create a new database
  • Select the new database for use
  • Upload the latest support files

hey thx guys, worked out perfect to me - working again thx a lot