Map not corrected after deleting WPT

Captain45

In v.1 it was not possible to delete a WPT within a STAR. So I was very happy that in v.2 I could delete such a WPT. But...

when I look at the chart both lines to and from the deleted WPT are still there. So, on paper, you fly a crazy zig-zag to that WPT. (Take f.i. the VOR near KJFK that is in many STARs). In real life you will get vectors. Why on earth that VOR is the end of the STAR surprises me, but it's a fact. In the sim I would like to make my own decisions AND, when I delete a WPT,  see the outcome in the chart as well.

Minor issue, but nice if corrected.

Cheers,

Dirk

2 hours ago, Captain45 said:

In v.1 it was not possible to delete a WPT within a STAR. So I was very happy that in v.2 I could delete such a WPT. But...

when I look at the chart both lines to and from the deleted WPT are still there. So, on paper, you fly a crazy zig-zag to that WPT. (Take f.i. the VOR near KJFK that is in many STARs). In real life you will get vectors. Why on earth that VOR is the end of the STAR surprises me, but it's a fact. In the sim I would like to make my own decisions AND, when I delete a WPT,  see the outcome in the chart as well.

Minor issue, but nice if corrected.

Cheers,

Dirk

Hi Dirk,

A screenshot would be appreciated, however I assume that I know what you mean. This is not a bug but a feature...😉 The reason is that IRL you would not erase the line on the procedure chart either. Even after getting a DCT clearance to a wayoint, the procedure chart still shows the original procedure. In your FMS you have deleted the waypoints and it shows a straight line to the DCT waypoint. The same happens in EFB v2. The original procedure is always retained on the map display.

JFK in your example is the Clearance Limit. If you got an Approach Clearance with the corresponding Approach Procedure and experience a COM failure, you will continue to the clearance limit and thereafter comply with either ICAO rules or special rules for this specific airport, whichever applies. In the SIM - thanks God - you don't care too much about such mishaps, in contrary to Real Life...😄