Problem with OOMS (Missing Runway Mappings)

Ross Longmore

Hello,

I'm experiencing a problem when I look at the Approach/Departure procedures for OOMS (Muscat Airport, Oman).  When I click on 'procedures'  I get a yellow text box with the following message:-

"No procedures due to missing runway mappings. For troubleshooting please see the manual or the FAQ's on the support website".  

Despite this error message the airport layout is displayed correctly in EFB (i.e it matches what I see on the ground in the sim). 

As I'm a newcomer to this software I thought it was probably something I was doing wrong, so I contacted a good friend of mine who is an experienced flight simmer and someone who has been using EFB for sometime.  He confirmed that he has exactly the same error message for OOMS. 

I'm running FSX on Win 7 and the latest Airac (1901 at the time of writing).  My sim is standard apart from the addition of ORBX Global. My installation of EFB client and Server is at the latest build.  My friend is running a far superior set-up with P3D, but just to confirm - he is also using the latest Airac and the same EFB Server/Client build as me.

I've had a look at the FAQ's and the manual but I haven't really found a satisfactory answer apart from re-installing the server (which I don't really want to do because everything else works perfectly).

I just wondered if other users have experienced this problem and how it is corrected please?

Thanks in advance,

Ross 

Hi Ross,

This is - unfortunately - a problem, that EFB v2 cannot solve with his own algorithms. If you look at the screenshot below it is easily recognizeable (use Crl & Alt & A to show the ARINC runways). The only runway with active procedures is 08L/26R. The different designators (08L/26R iso 08/26) would be something that EFB could overcome, if not another limit were exceeded. in this case it is the limit of 1 km between the old (existing in FSX(P3D) and the actual Thresholds. We cannot match a procedure to a completely displaced threshold. That would - especially in the case of an ILS - lead to completely iregular results, but also any SID would be irregular.

The only remedy is a new AFCAD. If you or someone else are able to make one with the help of ADE, it will also depict the correct (missing) runway. That's the only workaround.

ooms.thumb.png.ecd31e56ab3233c33d24f980a7bc4b03.png

Hi Oskar,

Thank you very much for explaining the reason for this problem and for suggesting a workaround.

I may have a look into creating a new AFCAD file at some point in the future (it's not something I've ever done before), but for now I think I'll just enjoy myself flying to other destinations.

Best regards,

Ross