First run - synchronizing database files...repeated timeout

wxtornado

Greetings,

Having troubles with the initial run where it seems to be stuck in the 'synchronizing database files' step.  Server build = 61, Client build = 78.

Installed both items using 'Run as Administrator'.  I have disabled AV and firewall settings temporarily to mitigate anything that might be in the way.   Running latest version of FSUIPC.

1. Simulator FSX:SE
  2. EFB v2 setup: single machine

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Best,

Mike

Server_201901090342.txt.zip

Client_201901090342.txt.zip

client.JPG

server.JPG

2 hours ago, KiloJuliett said:

Hi Mike

There seems to be an issue with the zipped airports database. This can have different reasons. Can you first try to recreate the database in the DBbuilder again? Best delete all existing databases and start creating a new one again. Is the result still the same?

Hi there Jonas,

Yes sir,  I've deleted and recreated the database, trying FSX:SE and just FSX actually from something I saw on another thread, and I've also tried to uninstall / reinstall both client and server to start fresh, only to see the same results.

Best,

Mike

30 minutes ago, wxtornado said:

After I unzip the airports file to the client side, am I supposed to still leave the airports.bin.zip file in the server side folder?

Yes. Those file are copied into the client folder by the client application. According to the log, there is an issue while unzipping that file. So I thought you might at least temporarily bypass this by unzipping the file yourself. Can you post again the latest support files?

OK, I have unzipped the airport file into the client side folder as instructed, and removed the original zip file from the server side folder.  Letting it run now  - client says 'Synchronizing database files..." so i will let it run a while.

Edit:  just reread your post - i will leave the zip file in the server side after unzipping it over to the client side.

Attached are the latest support files for your review.  Thanks for the assist!

Best,

Mike

Client_201901101639.txt.zip

Server_201901101639.txt.zip

Mike, you shall NOT remove the file in the server folder. Otherwise the client has no file to compare with and won't complete the file database synchronisation. The idea of the work instruction I gave you is to overcome the issue on your system of the unzip process of your client. The desired outcome is that the client recognizes the manually extracted file as already available and won't try again to extract it from the server location (because he recognizes they are the same version). If you delete the server file, this won't work.

Mike, you shall NOT remove the file in the server folder. Otherwise the client has no file to compare with and won't complete the file database synchronisation. The idea of the work instruction I gave you is to overcome the issue on your system of the unzip process of your client. The desired outcome is that the client recognizes the manually extracted file as already available and won't try again to extract it from the server location (because he recognizes they are the same version). If you delete the server file, this won't work.

Jonas, I did put the zip file back in the server folder and I am up and running now, so thank you again for the assist!  I appreciate all your help!

Best,

Mike

Happy to hear it worked. However, we have to be aware that this is not a permanent solution and the issue will most probably return once you change sceneries or update the nav data set and as a consequence re-run the database DBbuilder. Hopefully we can find some other ideas how to fix this issue permanently until then.

Happy to hear it worked. However, we have to be aware that this is not a permanent solution and the issue will most probably return once you change sceneries or update the nav data set and as a consequence re-run the database DBbuilder. Hopefully we can find some other ideas how to fix this issue permanently until then.

I will keep this in mind, and thanks again for the assist!

Best,

Mike

• 3 months later...