Maddog X

SidStarz

I bought the Maddog X x64 yesterday. To my surprise, EFB v2 did not recognize the 82/83/88.

5 EN Client - 12.2.1 General states:

Airfile names
EFB v2 automatically recognizes the aircraft in use. This is achieved by reading the name of the Air
file. This is a specific file which is unique to each airaft installation. It can be identified by its
extension *.air. The *.air file for all MS-based Simulators is located inside the installation path of your Simulator:
[X]:\[installation path]\SimObjects\Airplanes\[aircraft model] (in the example below Beech_Baron_58.air)

The latest version (SP1b351) Maddog X places the *.air files in the following directory: C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MaddogX\SimObjects\Airplanes

I have found no way (I'm still looking) using the Profiles Editor to change the default directory from Simulator: [X]:\[installation path]\SimObjects\Airplanes\[aircraft model] to where the Maddog X stores the *.air files. I suspect v2 has this is hard coded in so there is no way to change it.

Temporary fix - In order to make it work for me, I created 2 new folders - X:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\MaddogX MD-82 and X:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\MaddogX MD-83-88. I then copied the *.air files for each a/c into their respective folders. I edited the default MD-82 profile and then created a new profile for the MD-83-88.

The client now sees the new aircraft and loads the correct profile.

Let me know if there is another solution/work around and if there is not one, could v2 be updated in a future release to be able to change where the default *.air files are stored.

md-82.jpg

md-83-88.jpg

Hi Pat,

I take it that the Maddog X' airfile is named md-83-88.air, right? So, the only thing you have to do is:

- either create a new profile with all respective data from the Maddog X, using md-83-88 as the proper entry in the respective "Airfile name" field

or

- add the entry md-83-88 in the existing profile's "Airfile name" field.

There is no need to create any additional paths or files. As long as the Simulator finds the installation path for the Maddog X, EFB v2 will find it too.