Flight plan stays on first waypoint and dist remaining goes up

colinm

Flight plan in EFB2 client stays on first waypoint and distance remaining increases. It doesn't recognize that the aircraft has passed that waypoint so it does not progress with the aircraft.  The map shows the correct movement of the aircraft and passes on the waypoints correctly.

It doesn't seem to happen all the time. perhaps 50%. This is with the latest airac. I can't remember when it started to to do this as perhaps I thought it was just an anomoly. Happens with pmdg 737 and qw 788. p3d v4.4

Can anyone provide some guidance on how to fix this. thanks.

Colin

2 hours ago, colinm said:

Flight plan in EFB2 client stays on first waypoint and distance remaining increases. It doesn't recognize that the aircraft has passed that waypoint so it does not progress with the aircraft.  The map shows the correct movement of the aircraft and passes on the waypoints correctly.

It doesn't seem to happen all the time. perhaps 50%. This is with the latest airac. I can't remember when it started to to do this as perhaps I thought it was just an anomoly. Happens with pmdg 737 and qw 788. p3d v4.4

Can anyone provide some guidance on how to fix this. thanks.

Colin

Hi Colin,

Yes, this is something that can happen under very rare circumstances, if the discrepancy between the Routing and the actually flown path is exceeding a certain limit, as EFB is then not able to synchronize waypoint passage. It mainly happens (but not exclusively) with heavier metal. A simple remedy to re-sync EFB is to make a DCT-TO  to the next waypoint in the EFB-Flightplan.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 4:59 PM, lonewulf47 said:

... exceeding a certain limit ...

I had this issue also some times.  DIR-TO solves it.

It mostly happens during the SID, when the flightpath deviates a bit from the one in EFB.

But there is no possibility to alter or enlarge that "certain limit" in one or other ini-file?

18 minutes ago, Headley said:

I had this issue also some times.  DIR-TO solves it.

It mostly happens during the SID, when the flightpath deviates a bit from the one in EFB.

But there is no possibility to alter or enlarge that "certain limit" in one or other ini-file?

No, this is a hardcoded figure which changes depending to flight conditions. The Algorithm for waypoint sequencing is quite complex. There are no "simple" figures that can be changed.

22 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

No, this is a hardcoded figure which changes depending to flight conditions. The Algorithm for waypoint sequencing is quite complex. There are no "simple" figures that can be changed.

exactly what I thought but it was worth the question😉 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
33 minutes ago, Heinz Zimmerbauer said:

I had the same Issue several times - Thank´s for the hint with "direct to", I will check this.

Just a suggestion: It would be great to have a function in flightplan view to declare explicit the active waypoint (right mouseclick in flightplan on waypoint and select "active waypoint")

Hi Heinz,

I think I know what you mean but this is not possible. The routing needs to be sequenced properly and previous waypoints need to be cleared. So all in all - it would be exactly the same as using the DIR TO function to select the waypoint you want to fly to -> which then becomes the ACTIVE WAYPOINT.

BTW, also in real life if you pass a waypoint too far off route - e.g. due to circumnavigating weather - you need to clean up your flightplan by selecting DCT TO to the next waypoint. Just re-engaging NAV mode does not resume the correct routing in all cases. It only works as long as you resume to the active leg. Otherwise the A/C may as well turn towards the last (ACTIVE) waypoint.

• 5 months later...
On 1/3/2019 at 3:59 PM, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Colin,

Yes, this is something that can happen under very rare circumstances, if the discrepancy between the Routing and the actually flown path is exceeding a certain limit, as EFB is then not able to synchronize waypoint passage. It mainly happens (but not exclusively) with heavier metal. A simple remedy to re-sync EFB is to make a DCT-TO  to the next waypoint in the EFB-Flightplan.

Hi

I'm having the same issue on quite a regular basis. Not sure how to make a DCT-TO to the next way point in the EFB FP though - can someone explain please? 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, flotmangooner said:

Hi

I'm having the same issue on quite a regular basis. Not sure how to make a DCT-TO to the next way point in the EFB FP though - can someone explain please? 

Thanks 

Once you have created a flightplan, there is a sort of "toolbox" on the edge of the screen (depend on your setting where it appears).

It has following buttons: Departure airport - DEP - DIR TO - Adj Crz Alt - ARR - Arrival airport - AUTO - GoAround.

Click on DIR TO, it opens a separate window, then you can select any fix in your flight plan, then hit "SELECT" and your done ...

On 5/10/2020 at 4:11 PM, Headley said:

Once you have created a flightplan, there is a sort of "toolbox" on the edge of the screen (depend on your setting where it appears).

It has following buttons: Departure airport - DEP - DIR TO - Adj Crz Alt - ARR - Arrival airport - AUTO - GoAround.

Click on DIR TO, it opens a separate window, then you can select any fix in your flight plan, then hit "SELECT" and your done ...

Thank you for the reply. I can see the DIR TO button but it is greyed out and not clickable?