frankpost

Databses keep on loading

Hi frankpost (please comply with the forum rules and sign your post with your real first name)

Did it work before this update?

Greetings,

I have a similar problem.

This morning purchased the EFB2 and also installed Airac1901. Now it's loading database (Airports) and already for more than 30 mins.

During the last 3 weeks under the trail phase, no problems loading.

Any advice?

Regards,

Henk.

Hi Henk,

could you please create a set of support files and send them to 'support@aivlasoft.com'. Thanks.

In the FAQ section of this forum you will find instructions on how to create a support file.

Henk,

there is an error when the Client is trying to unzip the airport database which is sent from the Server. It seems that the transmission of this file does not properly work. What kind of network do you use, wireless or cable?

Do you also have a Client installed on the flight simulator computer? Just to test whether this Client would be able to receive and unzip the file.

Hi Urs,

I have the Client on my second PC on a wired network. There is no Client on the Flight Sim PC.

What I have seen is that the airspaces file, is only 1kb. with nothing in it, Is that not incorrect?

The airports file, is 128.625kb big.

Should you need more info, please let me know.

Hi Henk,

I have the Client on my second PC on a wired network.

Is there any possibility to do a test with wired network?

2 hours ago, flyaway7400 said:

What I have seen is that the airspaces file, is only 1kb. with nothing in it, Is that not incorrect?

The airports file, is 128.625kb big.

This is all OK.

There is no Client on the Flight Sim PC.

Maybe you could install a Client on the flight simulator computer? Just to do the test  as mentioned above? After the test you may uninstall it again.

Hi Urs,

Installed the Client on the FS PC and it works perfectly.

But still no luck from the second PC with the Client. Very strange, as it has worked perfectly before.

Please let me know what else I can try.

One hour later:

I have installed the Client on my laptop which is a Win10, and it works perfectly on there. This makes the whole story more strange.

Hi Henk,

thank you for these tests. It shows that basically all works, except unzipping the file on your second PC.

4 hours ago, flyaway7400 said:

Very strange, as it has worked perfectly before.

If it has worked before, maybe you can figure out what has changed on your second computer? Any new software installed or uninstalled? Any system configurations changed? Maybe an update of the .Net framework. I don't have a clue why it is not working anymore on this computer.

Hi Urs,

Nothing has changed, besides the normal Windows updates, but that applies to all of mij PC's.

I will have to snoop around and see if I can find anything and let you know.