Databses keep on loading

frankpost

Henk,

there is an error when the Client is trying to unzip the airport database which is sent from the Server. It seems that the transmission of this file does not properly work. What kind of network do you use, wireless or cable?

Do you also have a Client installed on the flight simulator computer? Just to test whether this Client would be able to receive and unzip the file.

Hi Urs,

I have the Client on my second PC on a wired network. There is no Client on the Flight Sim PC.

What I have seen is that the airspaces file, is only 1kb. with nothing in it, Is that not incorrect?

The airports file, is 128.625kb big.

Should you need more info, please let me know.

Hi Henk,

I have the Client on my second PC on a wired network.

Is there any possibility to do a test with wired network?

2 hours ago, flyaway7400 said:

What I have seen is that the airspaces file, is only 1kb. with nothing in it, Is that not incorrect?

The airports file, is 128.625kb big.

This is all OK.

There is no Client on the Flight Sim PC.

Maybe you could install a Client on the flight simulator computer? Just to do the test  as mentioned above? After the test you may uninstall it again.

Hi Urs,

Installed the Client on the FS PC and it works perfectly.

But still no luck from the second PC with the Client. Very strange, as it has worked perfectly before.

Please let me know what else I can try.

One hour later:

I have installed the Client on my laptop which is a Win10, and it works perfectly on there. This makes the whole story more strange.

Hi Henk,

thank you for these tests. It shows that basically all works, except unzipping the file on your second PC.

4 hours ago, flyaway7400 said:

Very strange, as it has worked perfectly before.

If it has worked before, maybe you can figure out what has changed on your second computer? Any new software installed or uninstalled? Any system configurations changed? Maybe an update of the .Net framework. I don't have a clue why it is not working anymore on this computer.

• 2 months later...

Hi Frank,

it seems that the EFB Client cannot unzip the airports database which was sent from the EFB Server.

I have no idea why this became a problem only after you have rebuilt the database. Did you change any settings of the Windows operating system? Did you install or even uninstall programs from this computer which might has removed some necessary files from the operating system? It's something beyond the scope of EFB.

Hi Frank,

I don't believe that re-installing of neither Server nor Client will help. It has something to do with one of the zillion DLLs of the underlying operating system.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that on the remote computer "Windows 7 Home 32 bit" is installed whereas the Server's computer is "Windows 10 64 bit". Do you have another computer running a Windows 10 64 bit OS, just to install the Client for a test?

21 hours ago, frankpost said:

Another clientPC perhaps? Or are you referring to dll's on the server PC?

Yes, another Client PC. That's what I meant with "Do you have another computer running a Windows 10 64 bit OS, just to install the Client for a test?"