EFB-2 Server Error on Loading with P3Dv4.4 loaded

Dane

This week I purchased EFB-2 all was working well. Just getting used to using it and thought I should add in a new aircraft profile, that seemed fairly easy as well.

Today I went to have a flight and did my usual startup procedures - P3D, ChasePlane, Active Sky, REX Sky Force - then EFB Server - that's when the error occurred.

So I shut down all the sim files and tried to load the server first - same error.

I had to reboot my PC and then loaded the Server and it loaded OK, then loaded Client all was well. Then loaded all my sim files as noted above and all was OK.

So I then left my sim files running but shut down Client and Server - then tried to start Server and got the error again.

Here is a screen shot of the error.

I am running the latest Build - it is 61 for the Server and 78 for the Client.

EDIT...

Just wanted to add that the error occurs after the load dialogue box shows "Loading Database"

Server Startup Error.JPG

Strange, this last set of Suppport Files clearly shows that the version of the Simulator cannot be read, and this clearly points to missing Admin rights. Are you sure that you are running the Server with full admin Rights enabled e.g. using this shortcut in the Properties Window (sorry it's in German, but looks similar in other languages):

admin.png.510d7e8ebeefeb555f4d344f1d07c270.png

9 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Dane,

Please post a set of support files according this thread: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3046-how-to-create-a-support-file/  and make sure that you always start the Server with full Admin Rights.

Oskar - thank you.

I cannot upload the two zipped files as an error message states that I can only upload 10.24Kb - what should I do?

Should I email them or can I PM them?

My server and client files are both checked for Run as Administrator.

2 hours ago, Dane said:

Oskar - thank you.

I cannot upload the two zipped files as an error message states that I can only upload 10.24Kb - what should I do?

Should I email them or can I PM them?

My server and client files are both checked for Run as Administrator.

Hi Dane,

Sorry, I have no clue what is inhibiting the upload of the required files into the forumthread. The max filesize is limited to >500 MB. I can do it without problems here. Did you use the upload utility at the bottom of the Edit Window? As an alternative you may send the files by Email to support(at)aivlasoft.com.

54 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Dane,

Sorry, I have no clue what is inhibiting the upload of the required files into the forumthread. The max filesize is limited to >500 MB. I can do it without problems here. Did you use the upload utility at the bottom of the Edit Window? As an alternative you may send the files by Email to support(at)aivlasoft.com.

This is very strange - I wonder if it is a Google Chrome issue as that is what I use for my browser?

I will send the two files by email with copies of these postings.

Thank you.

I had to downsize this error message to below 10kb to get it into this post attachment.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

EDIT....

My attachment did not attach.

I have now found the problem - the AivlaSoft Forum has an Attachment Quota - it seems that I have reached my limit.

I went into "My Attachments" shown under my name in the top right corner and I can see a lot of old attachments - I am not able to delete them to clear them out.

Can you help with this?

6 hours ago, Dane said:

I had to downsize this error message to below 10kb to get it into this post attachment.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

EDIT....

My attachment did not attach.

I have now found the problem - the AivlaSoft Forum has an Attachment Quota - it seems that I have reached my limit.

I went into "My Attachments" shown under my name in the top right corner and I can see a lot of old attachments - I am not able to delete them to clear them out.

Can you help with this?

To delete those attachments, you need to go into the specific thread (link to the right side) and delete it there. Nevertheless I do not see any quota indicated and I have a filesize limit of 511 MB despite having 5 pages totalling 121 attachments.

FileSize.png.63a8af1e9e70eddb1cdea79b99656b23.png

So I'm not sure what is going on in your browser. I would suggest to send the Logfiles to the support address indicated above.

29 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

To delete those attachments, you need to go into the specific thread (link to the right side) and delete it there. Nevertheless I do not see any quota indicated and I have a filesize limit of 511 MB despite having 5 pages totalling 121 attachments.

FileSize.png.63a8af1e9e70eddb1cdea79b99656b23.png

So I'm not sure what is going on in your browser. I would suggest to send the Logfiles to the support address indicated above.

Thanks again Oskar,

I have solved the Attachment Quota 100% by deleting attachments from some of my older posts.

See attached two printscreens showing the Quota before and the Quota after. The Quota dashboard is found in "My Attachments"

I will also reply to the original post regarding the server error as I believe I have found the issue...

Attachment Quota AFTER Deletions.JPG

Attachment Quota.JPG

19 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Strange, this last set of Suppport Files clearly shows that the version of the Simulator cannot be read, and this clearly points to missing Admin rights. Are you sure that you are running the Server with full admin Rights enabled e.g. using this shortcut in the Properties Window (sorry it's in German, but looks similar in other languages):

admin.png.510d7e8ebeefeb555f4d344f1d07c270.png

I believe I have found the problem.

If P3D is loaded before the Server and if the aircraft is my A2A C172 then there is a server error.

If the Server is loaded after, then there is no error.

My other aircraft are not a problem ONLY the A2A C172 - I only have the C172 from A2A so not sure about other A2A aircraft.

Leodirk also posted that he had the same problem - is his aircraft an A2A?

Could it be that A2A aircraft always default to the P3D Addon folder - D:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

While my other aircraft are in the default P3D directory - C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects

Actually I just tested this out with another aircraft I have in the P3D Addon folder - D:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons - and it also caused a server error.

EDIT....

Not sure as of yet about the other aircraft in the addon folder - but the A2A in the addon folder is for sure a problem.

Hi Dane,

thank you for the support files. The only error which is logged therein is the error when EFB is trying to read/analyze the already running simulator process in order to load the appropriate database. As you already reported, no error happens when the simulator is not yet running when the EFB Server starts.

Usually the error only happens when the EFB Server was started without admin rights. I doubt whether it has to do with the A2A C172 but on the other hand I also don't have a proof that it has no impact.

Can you try the following:

- Start P3D and load any other aircraft than the A2A C172

- When the simulator is running, start EFB Server (right mouse click, then 'run as administrator')

Does the error also happen?

8 hours ago, Dane said:

EDIT....

Not sure as of yet about the other aircraft in the addon folder - but the A2A in the addon folder is for sure a problem.

I can't confirm that. I did exactly the same starting order with the A2A C172 loaded in P3D and that did not cause any problem. The profile also loads without a glitch. I would wonder about any problems with a specific A/C. I am a longtime betatester with A2A and always have a number of A2A planes in my Simulators. It never caused any problems with EFB v2. in fact, I can't see any correlation other than the profile not loading if the *.air file were not matching the requirement in the profile, but in case of the A2A C172 the respective entry is "C172" and that loads the profile as required.

11 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Hi Dane,

thank you for the support files. The only error which is logged therein is the error when EFB is trying to read/analyze the already running simulator process in order to load the appropriate database. As you already reported, no error happens when the simulator is not yet running when the EFB Server starts.

Usually the error only happens when the EFB Server was started without admin rights. I doubt whether it has to do with the A2A C172 but on the other hand I also don't have a proof that it has no impact.

Can you try the following:

- Start P3D and load any other aircraft than the A2A C172

- When the simulator is running, start EFB Server (right mouse click, then 'run as administrator')

Does the error also happen?

Thanks Urs for your reply.  I had already done the testing by starting P3D with different aircraft and then starting the server and never once was there an error starting the server. It only happens with the A2A C172.

However as per your request I have just done the testing again and the issue is still the same.

I also started the server using a right mouse click and running as Administrator even though I had already checked that box in the Properties for the Server when I first installed EFB2

This problem certainly has a work around by simply starting the server first or starting P3D with a different aircraft then changing aircraft after the server is started.

I am curious about the findings for the other person that posted saying he has the same problem - I believe it was Leodirk - please advise on his findings.

12 hours ago, Dane said:

I am curious about the findings for the other person that posted saying he has the same problem - I believe it was Leodirk - please advise on his findings.

You can easily do a search on the Username "leodirk". You will find out that the reported problem was of a completely different kind and was finally solved by rebooting teh computer.

I had the same trouble as Dane. I used to start Prepar 3Dv4 first and than I start the EFB2 server and than the client. But since the update for the Lockheed Martin Prepar 3D V4.4 I get the error as Dane showed us.

So I read alle your correspondence and looked at my computer and saw that I start the program every time with administrative rights. When I rightclick on EFB2 server properties  Advanced there is a V for Run as administrator. The same is with the client. I saw what Lonewolf 47 suggestion and as I clicked on compatibility there is no V at run the program as an administrator.

So I put a V there.

And see what is happening I can startup Flightsimulator Prepar3Dv4.4 and than start EFB2 Server and than Client everything is working all right.

Best regards,

Leodirk

Just as a sidenote:

Did you ever consider to also start P3D with Admin Rights? AFAIK this is a requirement for PMDG. Not sure whether it is for other Add-On developers too. As I always start all programs with full Admin Rights I can't give any comments on that. I just don't have any of the problems mentioned here.

20 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Just as a sidenote:

Did you ever consider to also start P3D with Admin Rights? AFAIK this is a requirement for PMDG. Not sure whether it is for other Add-On developers too. As I always start all programs with full Admin Rights I can't give any comments on that. I just don't have any of the problems mentioned here.

I actually do start P3D and all my addons, utilities, etc. checked to Run as Administrator.