No procedures available in VOBL

whityini

Hello,

what could be the reason why I get the attached screen when I try to set a procedure for Bangalore Kampegowda International airport (VOBL).

I know the airport is new and not included in the standard P3D database but I have the addon correctly installed.

I have already updated the server database without any result and I didn't found any other solution reading the manual.

Thanks for your support.

Andrea

Cattura.JPG

39 minutes ago, whityini said:

Hello,

what could be the reason why I get the attached screen when I try to set a procedure for Bangalore Kampegowda International airport (VOBL).

I know the airport is new and not included in the standard P3D database but I have the addon correctly installed.

I have already updated the server database without any result and I didn't found any other solution reading the manual.

Thanks for your support.

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Yes, that's a very interesting case. As you can see in the attached Screenshot, the Ground Layout of VOBL as depicted by FSDG includes largely displaced thresholds on both sides, whihc are not present anymore  in reality. The red overlay in the screenshot indicates the ARINC layout of the runway (Ctrl+Alt+A). If the difference between the  AFCAD thresholds and the ARINC threshold exceed a certain distance, EFB will not accept the Ruway as a valid runway for obvious reasons. No procedure would fit to the (wrongly) depicted Runway.

VOBL.thumb.png.d385ace7842400ece156fee7d2c08b18.png

There are two remedies possible:

1) the User adjusts the BGL with the wrong THR distances by using ADE

or

2) we will issue a new AFCAD for VOBL with the correct THR layout

We cannot publicly recommend method 1) as this is a change in the original install und therefore will raise Copyright issues. We will therefore publish ASAP a corrected AFCAD file, to be used in conjunction with the rules laid down here: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3005-afcad/

The corrected AFCAD file is available in this section: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3005-afcad/   Please be aware that I did not change any of the other ground installations, such as PAPI, position of the LOC antennae etc. This is purely designers task and we don't want to interfere with that. FSDG might issue an update sooner or later to reflect the present state of the airport. The AFCAD solution offered in EFB v2 is primarily intended to allow Procedures Display for RWYs outside the official ARINC definition.

Anyway, the procedures are back 😃:

VOBL01.thumb.png.bb08a05cc3929de211f8dfe38680fc01.png