Lost Airport

Mario Richard

P3D v3.4 on windows 7 64 bit;

EFB v2 on a remote computer;

ORBX Global and Vector;

HI, I have installed an addon scenery of CYEG (Edmonton Airport in Canada) and uninstalled it because I did not like it. So after reverting back to the default scenery, I did update the EFB2 dbbuilder scanning the sceneries. The problem is that when I open the EFB2 client, the CYEG airport is completely gone. I have uncheck the PRFL filter just to see if it was a profile problem but it did not work. It shows CYEG in the select Airport list when PRFL filter is unchecked but it does not show any of the Airport graphics. The default airport in the simulator is working just fine but somehow, the client cant see it. The client screen is empty. Do you have any Ideas why?

Here is a copy of what it sais in the airportFiles_P3D3.txt about CYEG Airport:

CYEG C:\Prepar3D v3\Scenery\World\scenery\ADE_FTX_NRM_CYEG_elevation_adjustment.BGL (1)
     C:\Prepar3D v3\Scenery\0201\scenery\APX17130.bgl (21)

Thank you

Mario Richard

Hi Mario,

We have just detected an error in the DatabaseBuilder Segment and are on the fly to issue a new Server Build. However I do not see why the default airport shoud not be displayed. In both of my installs it shows up normally - once as an ORBX Regional Airport and once as default - this however with the new database built by Server #61.

CYEG.png.71a275725bc72cb120db9465846a27c5.png

CYEG1.png.c241f9c28da414afc979647b2ee5a027.png

For the moment I propose to wait for the new Server Update to build #61 which will be available within the next 24 hours if nothing unforseeable shows up.

16 minutes ago, Mario Richard said:

Thanks again Oskar for your quick response. I'll wait for the update. If its still the same after the update would you suggest for me to uninstall EFB2 and Reinstall it?

Thanks.

Mario

Hi Mario,

No, re-installing a software (no matter which) should always be the last resort. In this specific case the problem is within the database which would not be resolved by a re-install. If it still doesn't work properly after the Server Update, I would suggest to provide us with a set of Support Files as described here: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3046-how-to-create-a-support-file/  This will allow us to have a look into the databuilding process and possibly find the culprit.

BTW, the best way to identify the processed BGL's for a specific airport is the (i) Information Window (example of LSGG installation):

lsgg.png.f8605047477ba41c5177bc4c86628dd7.png

Hi Mario,

What I see from your screenshot is that EFB v2 does not have a valid position. ATM I'm a bit out of ideas what has happened here as usually alwys the last position is carried over or taken from the selected aiport. It looks as if the selected airport CYEG has no position information...?

Can you please start the Sim at CYEG and see what happens then? BTW, as long as there is no mismatch between the selected airport and the A/C profile (which should not be the case here) the airport filter can be left ON.

HI Oskar, I think that I have already tried to start the sim at CYEG but it did not resolve the problem but I'll try again and let you know what happen. Next, I'll reinstall the addon airport scenery and see what happens. When I use the fliter ON, then use CYEG as my departure airport it shows me the next airport nearby Edmonton but my airplane is not there.

Thank you for your support.

Mario

HI Oskar, Thank you so much for this update. I installed it, updated the sceneries via the dbbuilder, then like you said, I started P3D at the CYEG airport and my CYEG graphics are back to normal in the Client window. The problem is fixed thanks to you.

I just want to thank you so much for EFB2, it is so awsome to fly with it. I could not fly without it. I have attached a picture of the client window. See below.

Thanks for your great support.

Mario

EFB2_Mario2.png

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Jeff Hall said:

Hi,

I have the same problem with LICB - it's not being recognised by EFB2 when I import a Simbrief Flightplan LIMC-LICB - LICB is recognised by FSX, Simbrief and TopCat

thanks

Jeff Hall

Hi Jeff,

Are you sure that it is a default airport in FSX? Unfortunately I can't say as I don't use FSX anymore. In P3DV4 it is not contained in the default colleciton. Maybe someone else still using FSX can shed some light on that? Whatever is contained in the default BGLs should also show up in EFB2. Did you check all the items as discussed in this thread? PRF filter on/off? Manually selected airport?