Client Update

chumley

Over the last couple of days I have been prompted to update both the server and the client but due to times constraints have ignored the prompt.

Earlier I updated the server to V.60 after checking for available updates.

I have tried to update the client to the latest version but I no longer get the prompt on loading and cannot find how to update from within the client program. I currently have v.77 of the client loaded.

How do I trigger the update?

5 minutes ago, chumley said:

Over the last couple of days I have been prompted to update both the server and the client but due to times constraints have ignored the prompt.

Earlier I updated the server to V.60 after checking for available updates.

I have tried to update the client to the latest version but I no longer get the prompt on loading and cannot find how to update from within the client program. I currently have v.77 of the client loaded.

How do I trigger the update?

Hi Andy,

Check the update path C:\Users\<your name>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Client\Updates (for standard installation). Apart from the "latestVersion.txt" there should be an EXE file. Run this EXE by rightclicking -> run as admin. This should update your client to your last version.

Thanks for that but sadly there is no EXE file in that folder.

Fixed it by changing the date in the ClientSettings.TXT file in the Client/Settings folder from 20181204 to 20181203 and updated. 

I guess it would have presented the option tomorrow and it did work with the new server version so nothing was lost.

28 minutes ago, chumley said:

Just edited my previous post with a solution.

Yes, that's true.  We're now in the situation where it is difficult to decide what the User really wants...😃 Either we present the Update Request at each startup of the respective segment or we accept the rejection for update and give the User one day to wait until the next "update proposal" is presented. Whatever we choose, it will never be satisfying all users...😉

It was only a problem if updating one put the other out of action.

In the past there have been instances where updating the server meant the client wouldn't work unless it too was updated.

Perhaps if one is updated and the other must be also updated the update should inform the user of the fact and also the waiting time if they don' or maybe a way to update the client by an option on the settings interface as exists on the server interface.