How to find/construct DA/DH (from v.1 APP Chart) in v.2

Captain45

Although I like the improvements in v.2 versus v.1, there is something that puzzles me cocerning the decision height/altItude. The manual has several pages about 'minimums' but in v.1 I was used to simply read them from the approach chart. It could be usually 50, 200 or 500 for DH. Easy. If v.1 could determine what the value must be for a specific approach based on the AIRAC Data, it must be possible for v.2 as well. If someone can shine a simple light on 'how to determine' this value I would be very gratefull. Oh. and I know I can simple add the field elevation to the DH to get the DA. ;-)

Thanks in advamce.

Dirk

Hi Dirk,

... but in v.1 I was used to simply read them from the approach chart.

They are still on the approach chart.  See next screenshot:

Minimums.png

As described on page 35 (chapter 5.3.4 Minimums) EFB v2 does not only allow to display 'Standard Values', but also (manually configured) real world values. The 'Standard Values' (bright yellow background) are the values that you mentioned in your post. EFB v1 always displayed standard 'DH/DA' and did not distinguish between them for different approach types and different approach categories for ILS approaches. EFB v2 now clearly distinguish between them.  For precision approaches, CAT 3 and CAT 2, it's a DH, whereas for CAT 1 approaches it's a DA. Non-precision approaches do not have a 'Decision Height/Altitude' but a Minimum Descent Altitude and a Missed Approach Point.