EFB Server error

Headley

I'm getting more and more this error from the server:

"An exception occurred during a webclient request.  System.IO.IOExepcion: unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System."  (no more info to read from the screen...).

Obviously i run everything as administrator and all my files and folders are excluded from scanning by Win Defender (no other AV running!).

I attach the 2 support files i have generated after the error.

I can simply restart the server and it runs normal again (untill the next error ...)

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks for any help...

Server_201811231125.txt.zip

Client_201811231125.txt.zip

1 hour ago, Headley said:

I'm getting more and more this error from the server:

"An exception occurred during a webclient request.  System.IO.IOExepcion: unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System."  (no more info to read from the screen...).

Obviously i run everything as administrator and all my files and folders are excluded from scanning by Win Defender (no other AV running!).

I attach the 2 support files i have generated after the error.

I can simply restart the server and it runs normal again (untill the next error ...)

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks for any help...

Server_201811231125.txt.zip

Client_201811231125.txt.zip

Hi William,

To me it looks like a (unfortunately well known) problem with IVAO, but I'll have Urs to take a closer look into it, as this is not my field of expertise.

Hi William,

thanks for the support files. I have had a look into them and can only confirm what Oskar already said. There seems to be a problem (only from time to time) where the connection to the server unfortunately brakes. I fear that this is beyond our scope. Just as a test, does it also happen when you connect with VATSIM? If so, it might point to a general problem with connections.

Thanks Oskar and Urs for the answers.

Unfortunately i have no account with Vatsim, so can not test with their servers.

Well it seems i have to live with it.

It happens from time to time, no idea what triggers it.

But not that great problem, just restarting the server and the client reconnects and continuous where it was before the error...

• 2 weeks later...

Well i could test it with "None" selected (I have no Vatsim account).

Sinds a few days now i did not have any error's, even with IVAO selected.  So i can't say how long i will test as i fly only on IVAO and use the functions supplied by EFB for IVAO intensively.

Traffic display via EFB is not dependent on any account from one of the networks. You always can select one of the ressources to turn EFB into a traffic map. So you can easily also test VATSIM as I can test IVAO, even though I have no account there.

The client you are connected to the network is responsible only to feed the traffic from around your area.