Aircraft Filter Criteria

Juergen2

Hi,

I am trying to load a flightplan from SKBO (Bogota) to SEQM (Quito) with a A319 and get an error message that due to filter criteria of the selected model the airport is NOT available!

So I looked into the aircraft profile, but can't find anything that would prevent the aircraft from landing at SEQM.

Any ideas where to look

Thanks for help

1 hour ago, Juergen2 said:

Hi,

I am trying to load a flightplan from SKBO (Bogota) to SEQM (Quito) with a A319 and get an error message that due to filter criteria of the selected model the airport is NOT available!

So I looked into the aircraft profile, but can't find anything that would prevent the aircraft from landing at SEQM.

Any ideas where to look

Thanks for help

Hi Juergen,

I take it that you use an AddOn for SEQM as it doesn't exist in the default database (only SEQU = the old airport is showing up there). The Filter Criteria for any Aircraft are only RWY Length, Width and Surface Type (see page "Filters" in the Profile Editor. How does the SEQM Airport Ground Map show up in EFB v2? Could it be that the RWY width is 0 (zero) due to the ondulated terrain? Other than that I don't have an explanation for this behaviour as indeed the "normal" filter criteria would not prevent SEQM from being selected/used. Could you indicate the Developer of SEQM? I will then have a look at it.

Edit: Ok I found the Add-On. I guess you are using the same: SEQM by Fsxscenery sold at simMarket a.o.. I have quickly installed and cannot see any anomalities when using it on a Flight Plan/Routing as you mentioned above. See Screenshot. I don't have any warnings regarding Filter Critera. Did you apply any changes in the A319 Profile?

SKBOSEQM.thumb.png.d5c0e4cfff484d2a8f09b3fa936c35f8.png

Hi Oskar,

The error occurred when I was trying to copy/paste a flight plan from SKBO to SEQM. So I never checked wether this airport is available in the default scenery (I don't have an addon scenery). But now i checked in P3Dv4 and indeed the airport SEQM does not exist, so I checked SEQU and everything is well.

I am sorry for the trouble, but the error pointed to the aircraft profile, so of course I didn't check the scenery. We will just be flying to SEQU instead of SEQM.

Basically the way this came about is I checked for a 400 -500 mile distance from Bogota and selected Quito. Then I checked for the ICAO code of Quito  and SEQM came up.

But everything is good again, thanks for your help nad

Happy Turkey (Thanksgiving) Day tomorrow

46 minutes ago, Juergen2 said:

Hi Oskar,

The error occurred when I was trying to copy/paste a flight plan from SKBO to SEQM. So I never checked wether this airport is available in the default scenery (I don't have an addon scenery). But now i checked in P3Dv4 and indeed the airport SEQM does not exist, so I checked SEQU and everything is well.

I am sorry for the trouble, but the error pointed to the aircraft profile, so of course I didn't check the scenery. We will just be flying to SEQU instead of SEQM.

Basically the way this came about is I checked for a 400 -500 mile distance from Bogota and selected Quito. Then I checked for the ICAO code of Quito  and SEQM came up.

But everything is good again, thanks for your help nad

Happy Turkey (Thanksgiving) Day tomorrow

Hi Juergen,

Yes, my guess is that the detection routine found no RWY and thus interpreted these missing RWY parameters as not fitting into the requirements of the profile. Nevertheless it is something that we need to rework within the routing check. In fact there should be an error message popping up that there is an invalid (=inexistent) airport selected. As SEQU is no longer serviced (although still in the default simulator database), there are no more ARINC data available. Unfortunately this means that you will not be able to select any instrument procedure for this airport. What is still available however is the ILS of the default airport (as it still existing in the default data), but you need to tune it manually in the Airbus' FMGC.