Why am I getting silly Access is denied flag?

Brizer

Trying to run the EFB v2 Server before the Client, and all I am getting is Access is denied. Cannot even run the Client because of this error flag.

Why? What's causing i? A lot of simmers in another forum have expressed regret buying this upgrade. Unless this functions properly, I feel I too will be feeling that way.

Any answers AivlaSoft? Was perfectly happy with v1.

EFBv2 Server Message.JPG

On 11/16/2018 at 10:49 PM, Brizer said:

Trying to run the EFB v2 Server before the Client, and all I am getting is Access is denied. Cannot even run the Client because of this error flag.

Why? What's causing i? A lot of simmers in another forum have expressed regret buying this upgrade. Unless this functions properly, I feel I too will be feeling that way.

Any answers AivlaSoft? Was perfectly happy with v1.

The answer is extremely simple and nothing to do with EFB. Windows 10 security demands you start applications with administrator privileges for them to work correctly. You will probably have the same problem with other executables running in W10.

4 hours ago, RayProudfoot said:

The answer is extremely simple and nothing to do with EFB. Windows 10 security demands you start applications with administrator privileges for them to work correctly. You will probably have the same problem with other executables running in W10.

Hi Ray. Thanks, I got  it all sorted out but why does this program not accept either Routefinder-created flightplans that worked for donkey's years in v1 or PFPX-created.? Tried importing a PFPX-created flightplan that works seamlessly with aircraft add-ons FMC , yet EFB rejects it. and a Routefinder flightplan with some validation nonsense and no way of getting rid of this validation nonsense. If two  flightplanning databases come up with the same flightplan that match up, why the validation error?

Never had any issues with either Windows 7 or Windows 1o when running add-ons. Active Sky does not ask me for Admin Privs

On 11/17/2018 at 10:39 AM, lonewulf47 said:

Please refer to the Forum Rules and refrain from posting such meaningless remarks.

All well and good quoting my post with Forum Rules. What about me as a customer who has shelled out a considerable amount of Swiss Francs for a product that comes up with that kind of a silly message? Unless, I as a paying customer have no right to expect an expensive  product to work from the off? Just shell out and expect a product not to function for what I bought it for? Right. Now I see where I went wrong----it's always the customer's fault.

As a long-term user of V1, I most certainly will not be making the grave error of upgrading to any version, again. Now, that is a meaningful remark!

20 minutes ago, Brizer said:

Hi Ray. Thanks, I got  it all sorted out but why does this program not accept either Routefinder-created flightplans that worked for donkey's years in v1 or PFPX-created.?

This is not true. EFB v2 works seamlessly with RouteFinder and PFPX. Please do not post such WRONG information. If you do not know how to do it, it does not automatically mean that it is not working. RTFM is always a good start.

Never had any issues with either Windows 7 or Windows 1o when running add-ons. Active Sky does not ask me for Admin Privs

It's clearly written in the Manual. If Admin Privileges are required for a certain exdecutable, it's not the user's choice whether to comply with this requirement or not.

All well and good quoting my post with Forum Rules. What about me as a customer who has shelled out a considerable amount of Swiss Francs for a product that comes up with that kind of a silly message? Unless, I as a paying customer have no right to expect an expensive  product to work from the off? Just shell out and expect a product not to function for what I bought it for? Right. Now I see where I went wrong----it's always the customer's fault.

If a User does not follow the procedures laid down in the User's Manual, how can you blame someone else than the User?

As a long-term user of V1, I most certainly will not be making the grave error of upgrading to any version, again. Now, that is a meaningful remark!

Yes, in contrary to quoting meaningsless 3rd party forum entries, this is a meaningful remark. Thousands of users prove the contrary.

56 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

This is not true. EFB v2 works seamlessly with RouteFinder and PFPX. Please do not post such WRONG information. If you do not know how to do it, it does not automatically mean that it is not working. RTFM is always a good start.

Oh, it works seamlessly with Routefinder and PFPX? So, why then does it reject a Routefinder flightplan that is good enough for a high-end aircraft's FMC to accept? So,  it means,  I cannot use EFB to track an aircraft on its Moving Map if it's not going to use a flightplan in the first place.

V1 was my always go-to Moving Map add-on as I could not only track the flightplan, but I could also watch the STARS I opted for, the ILS path, etc. With this version,  how far back does it want me to delete waypoints from a Routefinder flightplan it cannot validate, nor is there an option to do away with this validation a User can use?

As it stands, I am now, having to rely on the map of another unnamed Add-on to track my flightplan. So, what precisely was the point of purchasing this upgrade that is now sitting idle?

1 hour ago, lonewulf47 said:

It's clearly written in the Manual. If Admin Privileges are required

Okay, my error on that particular path. I hold my hand up

Have you ever considered the fact that all software coping with a Routing (aka Flight Plan) need to work with EXACTLY the same AIRAC data Cycle? I have no way of checking what you are using on your system. The only thing I can do is planning a Routing with the most recent AIRAC Cycle 1812 and using it in EFB v2 and other Addon A/C with exactly the same AIRAC Cycle database. This works flawlessly. Any other combination is simply not useful and may or may not generate errors. Same applies to Routings created with PFPX. I do it for months (if not for years when accounting for the Beta Phase) without any problems.

6 hours ago, Brizer said:

Hi Ray. Thanks, I got  it all sorted out but why does this program not accept either Routefinder-created flightplans that worked for donkey's years in v1 or PFPX-created.?

You need to be specific and paste a plan that does not work for you. Navigraph cycle used to create it is also required.

I’ve used PFPX for ages with EFB both v1 and v2 during beta testing. It works but you have to abide by the rules.

Yes, having to run things with Admin privileges is a pain but that’s down to Win 10 and not EFB. In any case it’s easy to setup a shortcut to run with admin privileges automatically. Google it if necessary.

19 hours ago, RayProudfoot said:

You need to be specific and paste a plan that does not work for you. Navigraph cycle used to create it is also required.

I’ve used PFPX for ages with EFB both v1 and v2 during beta testing. It works but you have to abide by the rules.

Yes, having to run things with Admin privileges is a pain but that’s down to Win 10 and not EFB. In any case it’s easy to setup a shortcut to run with admin privileges automatically. Google it if necessary.

So,  Ray,  as you state,  PFPX Flightplanner works fine with EFBv2?

Then perhaps you can shed light why this crops up despite me having created a PFPX Flighplan and exported it to the correct folder? As per the PFPX generated Flightplan, the Origin ICAO is plainly clear to see in the attached image, yet, EFBv2 does not want to know. So, in EFB's FPL, which Origin ICAO code does it want? For the vast number of years I have used flightsims, to me a 4-letter ICAO code was precisely that, a 4-letter code. So, does EFBv2 do things differently?

What sheer stupidity.JPG

No, EFB v2 does not do things differently. I just created the same routing with PFPX, however with a different result. This is how it looks in the Flight Plan Window of EFB v2. I have no idea how your PFPX setup is creating flightplans. Here it works flawlessly. I do however work with latest updates of PFPX in every respect (database, DCT routes, hotfix).

YMMLYPDN.thumb.png.1fdf5b8dfedb3c35f5a9b0b8ad48e8f3.png

51 minutes ago, Brizer said:

So,  Ray,  as you state,  PFPX Flightplanner works fine with EFBv2?

Then perhaps you can shed light why this crops up despite me having created a PFPX Flighplan and exported it to the correct folder? As per the PFPX generated Flightplan, the Origin ICAO is plainly clear to see in the attached image, yet, EFBv2 does not want to know. So, in EFB's FPL, which Origin ICAO code does it want? For the vast number of years I have used flightsims, to me a 4-letter ICAO code was precisely that, a 4-letter code. So, does EFBv2 do things differently?

You haven't stated which Navigraph cycle you're using or the version of PFPX. I'm running 1.28.9i of PFPX and 1812 of Navigraph. If you're not on the same we may not get the same results. Here is the plan generated:-

KEPPA1 KEPPA UH336 NATYA DCT UVUPU DCT BHI DCT SAPED DCT GUGAB DCT POLEV DCT PULOL DCT ANZAC DCT YUSEF T25 TNK J30 TN J251 LAKUP UQ175 VEGPU VEGP5A

Try that and see how you get on. I'm also attaching the efbr file you can drop straight into the relevant EFB2 folder.

YMMLYPDN02.efbr

Thanks to both as I gave up my subscription to Navigraph that I was not using as I had been cheesed-off with the flightsim scenario by then, so saw no point in shelling out every month to a developer whose products I did not use.

Will try your efbr, Ray. Thanks.

28 minutes ago, Brizer said:

Thanks to both as I gave up my subscription to Navigraph that I was not using as I had been cheesed-off with the flightsim scenario by then, so saw no point in shelling out every month to a developer whose products I did not use.

Will try your efbr, Ray. Thanks.

If your serious about your flying and I assume you are if you’ve bought EFB then a Navigraph subscription is very useful. It keeps PFPX and EFB in alignment which is essential to get problem-free plans loaded into EFB.

Your call but without Navigraph EFB will get less and less accurate.

Mia Culpa, Mia Culpa!

After I had configured PFPX to export to the correct EFBv2 Client/Routes folder, at last, I got a PFPX-created flightplan to use in conjunction with the PMDG's FMC on a routing UK2000 EGCC to FSDT LSZH.

Thanks to the assists I have had here to get me there despite my occasional narky-ness.

And BTW, my Airac is current too, but I will think about resurrecting my Navigraph subscription. It's just such an on-going expense. I don't have to buy a new sim every month

Now I feel I can fully enjoy EFBv2 as much as I enjoyed v1, if not better as I worked my way around the software.

Fair point, Ray, but I remember the days when there was no Navigraph, Aerodata, etc, and sims ran perfectly. Even today, a sim plane can be flown from point A to point B without necessarily a subscription to this and that. If I were to calculate balancing the costs of a repeated monthly subscription to Navigraph/Aerodata/et al as against a one-off piece of software like EFBv2 and then completely binning it never to use again, the ditching EFB, PFPX, etc is a far more economical sense.

Brizer,

I just checked my annual subscription for FMS Navigraph data. £23.81. That's less than £2 a month. Hardly a show-stopper. And because it's priced in Euros I probably paid more than those who use the Euro because of the UKP exchange rate.

Yes, of course you can fly without any up-to-date nav data but if you fly a comlex 3rd party aircraft like PMDG737 surely you would want to use the latest nav data. Paying a lot of money for a decent aircraft and not keeping the nav data up to date seems a strange decision.

Hi Ray, now that you have broken down the Navigraph subscriptions costs so lucidly, it now makes a great deal of sense. It's not like I am going to be starving for the lack of £2/month. For some obscure reason I had it in my ageing brain-cells it was like £10-20, or €10-€20/month, or circa £200, etc.

Deal. Am now going to re-subscribe to Navigraph. You've always been a voice of logic, reason.

Thanks, Ray

11 minutes ago, RayProudfoot said:

Thanks. I just checked the prices and the maps are expensive. But 12 months of FMS data is now 31 Euros, a modest increase on last year.

Yes, I was shocked, Ray as I only paid €25.08 last year and now it's shot up to €31.08. Quite a jump.

Thought as a returning customer I may get some sort of discount. Doubt I will be renewing again if they keep hiking the Subscription each year.

52 minutes ago, Brizer said:

Yes, I was shocked, Ray as I only paid €25.08 last year and now it's shot up to €31.08. Quite a jump.

Thought as a returning customer I may get some sort of discount. Doubt I will be renewing again if they keep hiking the Subscription each year.

There is a forum if you wish to ask why the big increase.