EFB Holdings vs r/w Holdings

mroschk

Hello,

is there any reason, why the Holding in EFB is different from the Holding in real world charts (Lido)?

I just added a Picture to compare r/w holdings from EDDP 08L LUKO08 Arrival with EFB.

Btw: Did i miss something or how can i set the CRS for Nav1/Nav2 ? ( just a question )

eddp.jpg

Hi ??? (please observe the Forum Rules)

Sorry, your inquiry got somehow "lost" as we were busy at the traditional FlightSim Weekend in Hergiswil/Switzerland. The depiction of a holding is dependent on the information that we can derive from the respective ARINC data. If it is clearly defined as a HOLDING PATTERN, we depict it with the information provided. If it is marked with an "ENROUTE HOLDING" flag only, we can only depict it as a standard Right Holding Pattern on the last inbound leg. Many of the holdings at the end of aMAPt are unfortunately coded this way. For the specific holding you mentioned here we will have to check with the ARINC database, which of the two cases is used. Nevertheless of course there is always also the possibility that something went wrong. We will check and be back in due time. Thanks for your understanding forthe delayed answer.

Each forum has its own rules. Go and have a look at others. I doubt that you are allowed to post there if you neglect their rules.

The GDPR (DSGVO) does not prohibit that you sign your post with your real first name, and to be honest, what is the problem if you sign your post with your real first name? We do not request your family name, but just your first name. We don't do this just to keep you busy, we like to talk to humans and not just to unknown and virtual beings. You want us to support you, so it's just a matter of respect to comply with our rules. Thank you.

1 hour ago, mroschk said:

@aivlasoft: are there maybe any news?

Hi Matthias,

The path terminator of the latest dataset by NavDataPro Cycle 1812 confirms a Left Holding at SONDU inbd crs 081°. This is correctly depicted here. I do not have a Navigraph Dataset at hand. If the latter does not use the same path terminator then the holding would be drawn as a Standard Right Pattern. LIDO and Jeppesen do not always use the same coding priciples, but this is beyond our scope.

EDDP.png.11f9ef14ecd165b96e242abdb6d5bae1.png

3 hours ago, mroschk said:

Hello,

yes, the SONDU Holding is correct, but as you can see in the first Post, the LUKOP Holding is wrong.

But i know, you aivlasoft can only produce good and correct charts, if the Datasource  is good and correct.

Matthias

The LUKOP Holding is only defined as Holding IAF on the AppTrans without specific Holding Inbound and turn direction. Therefore EFB v2 depicts it as a Standard Right Pattern on the following course. Unfortunately we do not have full access to the entire Holding Database.

Thanks for the fast Answer.

So i think it is a questin about € to get access to the sub-database for the Holdings?

If yes, i am willing to pay a little more to get the correct Hoödings, because they are sometimes important to know.

(Btw: i want to say that EFB is AMAZING )

1 minute ago, mroschk said:

Thanks for the fast Answer.

So i think it is a questin about € to get access to the sub-database for the Holdings?

(Btw: i want to say that EFB is AMAZING )

Not only but also...😃 AivlaSoft is not the contractual partner of LIDO or Jeppesen. This is the business of Navigraph and NavDataPro. We are only providing the parsers to retrieve data from the Standard ARINC 424 Database. This would require some massive changes within the parser and the whole database layout.