Few suggestions for updates

John Clarke

Hi,

Love the product - hardly fly without it these days. I have a few suggestions which would be nice to see implemented:

1. When Sid / Star has been selected, each time you enter the DEP or ARR tab, the PROC menu always appears. Is it possible once a SID / STAR has been added to the flightplan that this doesnt appear? I know it's not a big deal to close but as it takes up half the screen, it can be a bit annoying.

2. As EFB reads the AFCAD, would it be possible to be able to see the delegated gates in the 'Taxi in' menu for that airline? Maybe a filter button as the airline is entered in the FPL menu. This would make integrating with GSX on arrival 10 times better and more lifelike.

3. I've said it before but maybe have countries labelled on the map - I know there is cities but would be good for those long hauls to see what country you are over without having to check a world map / cities!

Thanks

1 hour ago, Jonald said:

Hi,

Love the product - hardly fly without it these days. I have a few suggestions which would be nice to see implemented:

Hi Jonald ??? (pls observe the forum rules)

1. When Sid / Star has been selected, each time you enter the DEP or ARR tab, the PROC menu always appears. Is it possible once a SID / STAR has been added to the flightplan that this doesnt appear? I know it's not a big deal to close but as it takes up half the screen, it can be a bit annoying.

This has been discussed already internally however for the time being we have not yet decided whether and how to proceed in this matter. It must also be said that this also grossly depends on the way you use EFB v2. I for my part e.g. use the procedure windows only to setup the procedure. Thereafter I will fly my route and see it with the appropriate zoom level as I'm approaching or entering it.

2. As EFB reads the AFCAD, would it be possible to be able to see the delegated gates in the 'Taxi in' menu for that airline? Maybe a filter button as the airline is entered in the FPL menu. This would make integrating with GSX on arrival 10 times better and more lifelike.

This may be an interesting thing for Online pilots of which we might have a look at some point. However if we enter the "as real as it gets" state (as online-Flyers always try to...) wouldn't it be the responsibility of the Groung Gontrollers of the respective Airport (in this case GSX) to guide you to the correct gate (and maybe to an alternate parking if all standard gates are occupied)?

3. I've said it before but maybe have countries labelled on the map - I know there is cities but would be good for those long hauls to see what country you are over without having to check a world map / cities!

A Ground Map with Country Labels is not planned at this stage. Maybe I'm missing something but you won't have this information in a RL A/C navigation screen either and to be honest, I don't see the benefit of such additional information. Ok, I must admit that maybe I'm too long in the aviation business to judge this ?

Hi,

Sorry changed my name now - sorry about that!

Thanks for the quick reply.

In regards to topic 1 - I agree, but I like the quick tabs at the side of the screen. Using AI utilities such as UTL, I like to see whats in the surrounding area before take off / landing as you know that we still have major issues in P3D with AI not acting realistically with ATC.

In regards to point 2 - Agreed however, we don't always have online presence and if using AI, it would be nice to see if the airline you are flying with has an allocated gate that is available.

Back to memorizing countries it is then! :) 

John

• 2 weeks later...