Client Error

Jafar

Hi "Jafar"  (please observe the forum rules)

I have analyzed the support files and could not find any database creation without errors and/or warnings. Therefore all subsequent problems might depend on a corrupt database.

I suggest that you do the following:

First of all, exit the Flight Simulator (if still running).

1) You first have to fix the following error which is listed in the logfile of the Database-Builder:

Warning : FOLDER DOESN'T EXIST: 'C:\Users\nijnt\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FlightBeam KMSP\scenery\add.scenery\Flightbeam\Flightbeam - KMSP\scenery'.

This path was found in the following file 'C:\Users\nijnt\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FlightBeam KMSP\scenery\add.scenery\add-on.xml'

2) Start the Database-Builder, select the first tab "Create/Select EFB Database"

- Select each database in this list and then press "Delete" to remove the database

- As soon as the last database has been removed, the creation dialog automatically starts.

3) now create a new database according to the steps in the manual.

- While the database creation process is running, do NOT run other programs which access the simulators data files. It's important that the Database-Builder has an exclusive access to the simulators data files.

- The creation of this new database includes the integration of the currently installed AIRAC cycle, so you don't have to run the "Update Navdata" again.

- Running the "Update Navdata" process is only necessary when you have installed a new AIRAC cycle through the respective installers from either Navigraph or Aerosoft

4)  If the database has been created without warnings and/or errors, quit the Database-Builder and run the EFB Server.

5) if the EFB Server started successfully (without any errors listed in its window), start the EFB Client

6) Now the Client should display the airport of Zurich (LSZH)

Only now start the Simulator and then wait until EFB has detected the current airport.

Finally, please carefully read the manual of the Database-Builder to get familiar with the different functions/tabs. As a quick summary here the most important things:

- the tab "Create / Select EFB Database" must only be used for an initial creation of a first Database for a certain simulator

- the tab "Update Simulator" must only be used when you previously changed the configuration of the Simulator (installing/uninstalling scenery)

- the tab "Update Navdata" must only be used when you previously installed a NEW AIRAC cycle using the respective installers from either Navigraph or Aerosoft

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I have the same problem. 

Yesterday everything worked fine. I had done a Long flight with the 747-8.

Now the client will opens with some annoying Sound. Trying to select an airport or a flightplan is denied. 

Even a new Installation did not resolve the problem.

I am running a Client Setup 

Hoping for a solution.

Michael

Client_201811021457.txt.zip

After having restarted the PCs I rebuilt the database with the DbBuilder. This time it worked. 

Although I had not used EFB2 during my last flight after the new start the Airport shown was Berlin Tegel where I had landed before. The Simulator was shut down and the PC restarted. For some reason the sign of a plane was correctly placed where I had finished my flight.

Best Regards

Michael

Hello Urs,

today I updated the VATSIM and IVAO files. Mine also originated from 2017 like in the message from Alfredo Diaz. But today there are the same problems. I send again the current service files.

When I tried to load a flight plan I got the following failure message contained in the file failure message efb-client.txt. 

I would highly appreciate a solution.

Best regards 

Michael

Client_201811031641.txt.zip

Server_201811031642.txt.zip

failure message efb-client.txt

Hi Michael,

from the logfiles I can see that you must have missed some updates of the Client in the past. At 2018-11-02 the build number "jumps" from #70 to #77 and therefore I assume that some files might be in an undefined state. Please, ALWAYS run the automatic updates in order to have the corresponding build numbers on both sides, the Server side and the Client side.-

I suggest to uninstall the Client and Server (using the Uninstallers), reboot the computer(s), then run the latest full-installers from here: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/files

Hope this helps.

Hello Urs,

I did a complete reinstallation with the Installation files you pointed to. It worked! Thank you very much for your support!

I think it was the Server Installation that caused the Problems. With EFB1 I sometimes had to delete the index file to have a proper database. Could this be a possible solution in the future? During inspecting the server folders I found an index file for the Server.

Concerning reinstallation I have a suggestion: Before or during deinstallation there should be a warning, that all files in the client folders will be erased without warning. I put a lot of files into the library. I had a backup from where I could reinstall, but some flightlogs were lost. This took me by surprise, because in most cases reinstallations will keep customized folders.

Aivlasoft EFB2 is a great application. Having to fly without it worked but it was much more inconvenient.

Thanks again

Michael

Hi Michael,

I'm glad to read that it works now. Also a thank you for your good words on EFB.

11 hours ago, Michael Schuch said:

With EFB1 I sometimes had to delete the index file to have a proper database. Could this be a possible solution in the future? During inspecting the server folders I found an index file for the Server.

I'm not sure whether I really understand what you mean with 'sometimes'. I suggest to proceed according to the database manual, e.g. running the "Update Simulator" function after any changes to the simulator configuration, and the "Update Navdata" function after installing/updating an AIRAC cycle. There is no need to manually manipulating the database files.