Vatsim Air Traffic

stratfordman

I have just purchased EFB2 and what a great product this is.

One question and that is am I right in saying that in the air you will only see Vatsim traffic within 40 miles of your position.

I do have FSUIPC but not the registered one.

I believe that in version 1 I could see traffic at an almost unlimited distance.

Would appreciate some clarification please.

Michael

51 minutes ago, stratfordman said:

I have just purchased EFB2 and what a great product this is.

One question and that is am I right in saying that in the air you will only see Vatsim traffic within 40 miles of your position.

I do have FSUIPC but not the registered one.

I believe that in version 1 I could see traffic at an almost unlimited distance.

Would appreciate some clarification please.

Michael

Hi Michael,

Yes, that's the default limitation set by freeware FSUIPC. In the paware version this limit can be increased..

I have a pay version of fsuipc 5 and running 4.3 and it seems i can only still see 40 miles even with fsuipc set at no limit or of a cap of 500 miles... i can only see defualt of 40 miles... i miss when i can see everything... unless im doing something wrong ive read the docs many times.

christopher adama

25 minutes ago, vikelu215 said:

I have a pay version of fsuipc 5 and running 4.3 and it seems i can only still see 40 miles even with fsuipc set at no limit or of a cap of 500 miles... i can only see defualt of 40 miles... i miss when i can see everything... unless im doing something wrong ive read the docs many times.

christopher adama

Hi Christopher,

Did you check the altitude limitation in the settings tab "Aircraft"?

AI_TR.png.f623dab1748e0190aaf02483362470ce.png

Hey yes i did that and i was reading else were of poeple having the same issue i really with we stuck with sim connect as i never had the issue on v1 here are some screen shots.

i have a pay version of fsuipc ive also tried messing with the ranges and same result.

chris adama

IMG_1960.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg

IMG_1959.jpg

Sorry Chris,

Your photos are not helpful at all to see what you intend to show. Please use one of the many free screenshot utilities to provide meaningful pictures. From our side we have no reason to use SimConnect as it has many disadvantages over FSUIPC. The best means to check AI and Online Traffic is the traffic monitor. Whatever is in the traffic monitor is also in EFB v2.

Nevertheless we should not forget that EFB v2 is not primarily a utility to show AI and Online traffic, it is an EFB. In addition to that I must also say that I use it daily several times on P3DV4 and never have the issues that you are reporting. in fact I do not use Online traffic but AI traffic at a pretty high setting and my traffic monitor shows a few pages of active traffic.

I understand , its just the issue of when i log on to vatsim ,i am only seeing online traffic up to 40 miles around me.

v1 didnt have this issue

i have a paid version of fsuipc 5 and i have played with the numbers as you can see one screen shows the traffic how ever efb is not .

traffic mode is selected and ive taken off the limit off of fsuipc .... any way to fix the issue of only seeing traffic up to 40 nm?

i am using vpilot for vatsim... i see all the atc that are on but no traffic. they have to be with in 40 nm?

chris 

edit

i think i found the cause... vpilot has a cap in its settings..

:do not display a/c beyond XXnm

ive done some testing with this and noticed if i set it to the max.. 100 i see maybe one or two more a/c .. when i put it back to 40 or less efb doesnt show what i saw at 100nm... hope this helps

update number two...

In fsuipc 5 there is no limit set for tcas and traffic means i should be able to see all traffic online right?

now testing wise .. i am using vpilot to connect online... keep in mind theres no limit set in fsuipc...

when i connect vpilot and check the settings i see a setting "do not sisplay aircraft" the next to it has a value.. witch max is 100..

so i connect and in the efb i can oly see a/c up to 100 miles....even though fsuipc is set to no limit...

so i test it again this time lower it in vpilot to say about 20 just for testing... reconnect and apply changes now the efb is showing a/c only with in 20 miles... even though fsuipc has no limit...

any way to change this bug or the coding to only match what fsuipc is sending out and not vpilot... seems like vpilot is controlling what is sent to the efb when connecting... i would like to see a/c greater than 100 miles like i did in v 1

chris

Chris, vPilot is working as an injection engine for AI traffic. It has it's own limiters for good reasons. So has FSUIPC. As not both programs share the same available range to be entered, there is no chance for any kind of synchronisation. Just consider vPilot as another AI engine. You could also reduce the number of AI traffic in the default sim engine (usually a value in percentage). This is not synchronised with FSUIPC either. And there is also no reason for this. The limiter in FSUIPC allows you to chose the number of traffic shared via applications working with FSUIPC, a feature which allows you performance balancing and is certainly very clever.

If you wish to make vPilot your "master" in terms of what number of traffic is used via FSUIPC, just set the limiter in FSUIPC to 0 (= unlimited) and you can immediately control the AI traffic limits via vPilot.

ahh i see ,

ok one last question is it possible when i do see traffic that i can see there call-sigh with there flight plan speed and alt?....

currently when using vpilot and such i only see airline altitude and speed...not their callsign .

or can i fix it though fsuipc... all the boxes are checked in the sim ..

chris adama