AS Weather Issue

Radial9

Greetings again,

I have been finding my way around after getting all loaded and operational and reading the manual a few times.

I am using ASP3D. I'm working my way through setting up a simple 50 minute flight from KSEA to CYVR. After loading both AS and EFB I get accurate weather on the status panel to the right of the map. I get accurate weather when I press the "I" button next to the airport on top.

However, I get unchanging inaccurate weather from pressing the WX button on the left top side. It will not update, even after three hours of sitting on the ground, building and erasing and rebuilding flight plans and just getting use to the layout. The timestamp from the METAR at KSEA remains fixed from when I loaded the client. I know I have the path set correctly for the AS weather dialog box in the server. I also don't get ANY X-Wind or T/H Wind or Remarks from in the WX dialog box for ANY airport in EFB. They ALL remain with fixed innacurate observations dated from client load time. They are not updating.

Also.... and I believe know the answer but thought i would ask. I have a registered TOPCAT program. I'm flying the Majestic Q400 which does not have a TOPCAT profile. Anyone know of a workaround or am I just SOOL on this?

Anyone have any suggestions for either of these issues I would most appreciate any comments.

Thanks!!

Hi ??? (please observer the Forum Rules)

The behaviour that you describe sounds a bit strange to me. I just ran a test on this. After having waited for a few up weather updates by the server I have checked the resepctive timestamps on both the Wx Window and the (i) window, I have also checked this on TWO Clients, one of them being networked. There was no difference at all. All timestamps were equal i.e. all windows were updated regularly. The problem of missing X-Wind ot T/H headwind components is not related to this. I however presume that the wind comditions were reported as variable (vrb). With this indication no such components can and will be reported.

It is somewhat difficult to say what has happened on your client. What is your configuration? Server and Client on the same machine or networked? If you happen to see the same again please submit the Support Files for further investigation. Thank you.