Flytampa Copenhagen

jsmcwilliam

1 hour ago, jsmcwilliam said:

I still run EFB V 1 and recentlt bought the only (I think) good scenery available for EKCH (Copenhagen, Kastrup). I find that the Gates and taxiways are not in sync with EFB. The first question: Is this fixable. The second question: Is EFB V 2 in sync with my FlyTampa Scenery??

Not sure what you mean by "not being in sync". EFB v1 and v2 do nothing else than reading the respective BGL files for ground layout supplied by the add-On developers. If those do not match the actual scenery layout there is nothing we can do about. This is solely the developers task. Unfortunately I do not have FlyTampa's EKCH installed, thus I'm not able to check the ground layout against the scenery.

• 5 weeks later...

I have now been running the demo version of efb 2 and am very impressed. Concerning the above statement I can say that the efb version of FlyTampa Copenhagen is much more accurate than in the earlier v1, however, there is one surprising omission: runway 30/12 is missing! That was not the case in efb version 1 and certainly not the case when you use and fly from that airport. Why is this? I have Copenhagen as my home airport and this is a crucial factor in my decision to invest in EFB V2.

28 minutes ago, jsmcwilliam said:

I have now been running the demo version of efb 2 and am very impressed. Concerning the above statement I can say that the efb version of FlyTampa Copenhagen is much more accurate than in the earlier v1, however, there is one surprising omission: runway 30/12 is missing! That was not the case in efb version 1 and certainly not the case when you use and fly from that airport. Why is this? I have Copenhagen as my home airport and this is a crucial factor in my decision to invest in EFB V2.

Yes, that's one of the principles of EFB v2 to omit RWYs, that are closed for take-off AND landing to both sides and a few other "specialities" used by scenery designers. The reason for that is described here: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3005-afcad/

You will also find an AFCAD file for FlyTampa's EKCH for download and use in the specially designed AFCAD directory. Just run the "update simulator" tab after inserting this file and eveything will be back to normal.

I found the .bgl file and downloaded it and extracted a folder with one .bgl file in it. I pasted the folder into the AFCAD folder, ran the Update Simulator but this did not give me runway 30/12. I found I had to delete the folder and place the .bgl file directly into the AFCAD file. This worked and I now have runway 30/12. It's a small point but can cause problems - the airport folder can be omited. Thanks for your input. John McWilliam

31 minutes ago, jsmcwilliam said:

I found the .bgl file and downloaded it and extracted a folder with one .bgl file in it. I pasted the folder into the AFCAD folder, ran the Update Simulator but this did not give me runway 30/12. I found I had to delete the folder and place the .bgl file directly into the AFCAD file. This worked and I now have runway 30/12. It's a small point but can cause problems - the airport folder can be omited. Thanks for your input. John McWilliam

Hmm, extracting the *.zip should not create a folder. It is a single zipped BGL file. It may depend on the way you unzip the file. In any case just copy the BGL file into the AFCAD folder and re-re-run the database updater as mentioned in the description. Great to hear that you have found your way. Enjoy!