Cant get the (EFB_current_gps.pln) to generate in the docu- flightsim folder

flyboy05

for some strange reason (EFB_current_gps.pln) by default  is being sent to ( C:\Users\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files ). And not ( C:\Users\---\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files ) <---- which is the default FS folder

This is what my settings show,

[SimulatorFsx]
InstallationFolder = E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX
ConfigurationFileFolder = C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX
ScanAll = True
ConfigurationFileHashCode = dbd17c32cfaea87c054107e1f172c611
ConfigurationFile2HashCode = 
ConfigurationFile3HashCode = 
FlightplanFolder = C:\Users\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files              < - - - - ( I had to enter this manually, but it doesn't work ) 
ActiveSkyFile = \\HTPC\Users\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\AS16_FSX\Weather\current_wx_snapshot.txt
FsgrwFile = 
FsRealWxFolder = 
OpusFsxFolder = 
RexFolder = 

[SimulatorFsxSe]
InstallationFolder = 
ConfigurationFileFolder = 
ScanAll = True
ConfigurationFileHashCode = 
FlightplanFolder = \\GAMING-PC\Users\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files\      <- - - - - ( when I delete this entry, then 'EFB_current_gps.pln' does not generate any more anywhere).
ActiveSkyFile = 
FsgrwFile = 
FsRealWxFolder = 
OpusFsxFolder = 
RexFolder = 

Running EFB v2 on a network config

FSXSE   ( Single install not dual )

W10

Hi ???? (please observe the forum rules)

What does the setting (which should be automatically detected after first start/shutdown of both EFB and Simulator) show on your Client's Setting page?

FlightPlanFolder.png.17610977f748a314b63b7592ef0edcd6.png

When looking at the path you manually enteres, it seems to me that the <username> is missing in your string. "C:\Users\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files" ishould look like this:  " C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files". Please see also manual "3 Server", chapter "2.3.1 Simulator & Weather"

Ok, just to clarify I do get the file (EFB_current_gps.pln) but it is being sent to the wrong folder. And I cant change it, if I do then the (EFB_current_gps.pln) while not generate. 

I can use the file, but I have to load it manually to the gps in the flight plan menu in FSX.

I want to load it Automatically in the default gps  like I was able to in EFB v1.

*I do have a username entered but I don't want to show it in a public forum*

Thank You.

screenshot.thumb.png.5e2125cef02326c656764c63c3d36739.png

579979955_screenshot2.thumb.png.526de5551ef36c17dcd065866dce2a01.png

If I delete the FSX-SE entry then the (EFB_current_gps.pln) will not generate.

[SimulatorFsx]

InstallationFolder = E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX
ConfigurationFileFolder = C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX
ScanAll = True
ConfigurationFileHashCode = dbd17c32cfaea87c054107e1f172c611
FlightplanFolder = C:\Users\<username is entered here>\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files
ActiveSkyFile = \\HTPC\Users\<username is entered here>\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\AS16_FSX\Weather\current_wx_snapshot.txt
FsgrwFile = 
FsRealWxFolder = 
OpusFsxFolder = 
RexFolder =

[SimulatorFsxSe]
InstallationFolder = 
ConfigurationFileFolder = 
ScanAll = True
ConfigurationFileHashCode = 
FlightplanFolder = \\GAMING-PC\Users\<username is entered here>\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files\
ActiveSkyFile = 
FsgrwFile = 
FsRealWxFolder = 
OpusFsxFolder = 
RexFolder = 

Hello Jean,

You cannot and should not ( is there any direction to do so?) do manual changes in the Server settings if not instructed to do so. The path for the Flightplan Folder is greyed out because it is not changeable (not even manually), as it is read directly from the registry. This value will overwrite manual changes.

Please provide a full set of Support Files to give us the chance to analyze what is going on on your system. The fact that the registry points to a network path is a bit strange. Further on if you use FSX:SE you should only have entries in the FSX:SE tab, not in the FSX tab.

So, before we can continue with troubleshooting we need the support files.

Hi Jean,

thank you for the support file.

When you create a new database (or when you update an existing database), you have to select "Dovetail Games FSX-SE" and not "Microsoft Flight Simulator", because you have the Dovetail FSX-SE installed on your computer.

I suggest that you proceed as follows:

1. Quit EFB Server (if running), quit DbBuilder (if running)
  2. Navigate to the folder "C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\Settings\" and delete the file "serverSettings.txt". This file will be automatically recreated upon next start of the EFB Server.
  3. Start the DbBuilder and then delete your current database.
  4. Create a new database using the selection "Dovetail Games FSX-SE".

Please let me know the result. Thanks.