DATABASE WARNING

Juergen2

Hi

After a recent FSX-SE re-install, my database finishes with O errors, but 1 warning.

The warning points to a "FOLDER DOESN'T EXIST' Area Falcon X, required=False, active=True, layer=121, path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Aerosoft\Falcon X\scenery.

I tried to follow the path, but there is no "Aerosoft\Falcon X\scenery". Screenshot: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/13C46V

Thanks for help

Server_201809211229.txt.zip

5 hours ago, Juergen2 said:

Hi

After a recent FSX-SE re-install, my database finishes with O errors, but 1 warning.

The warning points to a "FOLDER DOESN'T EXIST' Area Falcon X, required=False, active=True, layer=121, path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Aerosoft\Falcon X\scenery.

I tried to follow the path, but there is no "Aerosoft\Falcon X\scenery". Screenshot: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/13C46V

Thanks for help

Hi Jürgen,

Yes, indeed, there is not such path, HOWEVER in your scenery.cfg there is still an entry with that path at layer 121. You need to edit your scenery.cfg accordingly. If that scenery path does not exist on your computer anymore, you need to delete it in the scenery.cfg too. There are many add-ons that CREATE a scenery.cfg entry, but do not DELETE it upon uninstalling. That's kinda common life in Flight Simulation...?

21 minutes ago, Juergen2 said:

Hi Oskar,

I opened my scenery.cfg and there is NO entry for layer 121. The [Area] sections only go up to 120 (I assume they are in numerical order?).

Thanks for reply

Hi Jürgen,

No, the layer entries are by far not in numeric order anymore as soon as you have added and deleted Add-On sceneries. Do a search in your scenery.cfg for FSX:SE for a distinctive keyword of the questioned path, e.g. "Falcon X" or even "Falcon" would most probably be sufficient. If the Database builder finds such a path, it must be from the scenery.cfg! There's no other list that the DatabaseBuilder reads sceneries from for FSX:SE.

Hi Oskar,

As suggested I did a search (Ctr F) and found NOTHING for Falcon or 121.

So now I am wondering if I have the correct scenery.cfg? There is a scenery.cfg in C>...\steamapps\common\FSX and there is one in C>Juergen\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.

However, both are the same size and NO entry for "Falcon X or 121. The strange thing is, I have a installed aircraft from Steam, which is called Falcon, but I would think it has nothing to do with scenery.

So I have attached my scenery.cfg, maybe you see something different.

Thanks for help

scenery.cfg

22 minutes ago, Juergen2 said:

Hi Oskar,

As suggested I did a search (Ctr F) and found NOTHING for Falcon or 121.

So now I am wondering if I have the correct scenery.cfg? There is a scenery.cfg in C>...\steamapps\common\FSX and there is one in C>Juergen\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.

However, both are the same size and NO entry for "Falcon X or 121. The strange thing is, I have a installed aircraft from Steam, which is called Falcon, but I would think it has nothing to do with scenery.

So I have attached my scenery.cfg, maybe you see something different.

Thanks for help

scenery.cfg

Hi Jürgen,

The scenery.cfg you attached is the default FSX scenery.cfg without any Add-ons. If you are not sure about the path of the scenery.cfg for your Simulator, start the DatabaseBuilder, select the "Update Simulator" tab and select the Simulator in question. There you will see the path to the actually used scenery.cfg.

About scenery entries for aircraft: some Add-On developer also install some add-on sceneries with their aircraft. I have seen that with other Aerosoft products like the Catalina. So this is no surprise.

On 9/21/2018 at 6:33 PM, Juergen2 said:

Hi

Thanks for help

Hi Jürgen,

I just had a look into the Server's logfile. The path to the scenery.cfg is  "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Fsx\scenery.cfg".

Like Oskar already mentioned, therein you have to find and remove the lines which point to this scenery which obviously is no longer available.