Newbie Question

S92

EFB scans your scenery files and generates the airport data from those. Navigation data doesn’t remain static in the real world so many of us have a Navigraph account and update the data each month.

That ensures the SIDS and STARs in EFB remain in line with the real world.

9 hours ago, S92 said:

Hi all,

Considering buying this EFB but wondering when I purchase is that all I need to buy? Are all the charts contained in the EFB that I buy here or do I need to go buy more stuff like from Navigraph?

Just to make it clear: EFB v2 does not "contain" any charts. It DRAWS all required chart in real time using the actual AIRNC data that are present on your installation. By default a set of ARINC data from a certain AIRAC cycle is included. Thus all charts are representing the state of this AIRAC cycle. By updating these data through regular updates - be it from Navigraph or NavDataPro - always the newest data from the actual data cycle are used. Navdata from the Sim (contained in the default BGLs) is not used for procedure drawing, as these data are outdated by decades.