TRAFFIC MONITOR

clive6354

Hello

I am using P3D, Traffic Global and EFB

As I am reading the manuals for EFB and Traffic Global  I require assistance to assist me in understanding the process of data being generated and diplayed

When I look at the Traffic Monitor display I see a listing of airbourne aircraft and aircraft on the ground (my local airport EGBB)

How many aircraft in the listing should I be seeing and where is the listing getting its data from, is it from Traffic Global database?

Does Traffic Monitor only show data from aircraft that I have installed?

As I have the Traffic Global database installed, which is a worldwide database, why do I only see a limited selection of airborne aircraft listed within the Traffic Monitor listing?

Is there an option to select the range of aircraft displayed within Traffic Manager?

Clive Alexander

Hi Clive,

20 hours ago, clive6354 said:

How many aircraft in the listing should I be seeing and where is the listing getting its data from, is it from Traffic Global database?

The list represents the outcome from FSUIPC. EFB does not know "who" is generating the AI traffic (FSX/P3D, or Traffic Global, or VATSIM/IVAO, or ...). So your question on how many aircraft should be listed cannot be answered by myself. It depends on how many AI aircraft are generated by Traffic Global.

Does Traffic Monitor only show data from aircraft that I have installed?

As already answered before, the Traffic Monitor is displaying the outcome of FSUIPC. I don't know whether it is possible to move the traffic sliders in P3D (to generate AI traffic internally from P3D) while AI traffic is (additionally) generated by an external tool.

As I have the Traffic Global database installed, which is a worldwide database, why do I only see a limited selection of airborne aircraft listed within the Traffic Monitor listing?

Basically same answer as before. But did you also check the settings in EFB? Maybe there is a vertical limit in the Client settings (Aircraft tab), or a horizontal limit by FSUIPC. The later can be changed if you have the paid version, where the free version has a limit of 40 or 50NM (AFAIK).