What on earth am I doing wrong? EFBv2 Network Issue

psouthan

Please can someone help? I am going out of my tiny mind!  Basically I can't connect to EFB Server on my network. I have included a lot of images of my settings to ease help understand the issue. The ones in red I am not 100% are the correct settings. However, the real issue I believe is that there are two IPv4 address on my flight sim computer, which one do I direct the Client to? The one in the log is showing it is connected to IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.103 but I have never used this for any other third party add on successfully connected to the Server, I always use  IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.103 so why is the Server EFB not recognizing this one and is this the one the client should be directed to?

Please help going round the bend here!

Paul

Aivila1.JPG

The above is the client computer (Do I need the sim to be running for it to connect to the server?)

AviliaSoft2.JPG

I don't think this is correct because all my other third part networked programs work on the second ethernet network (see 2nd image below)

Avilasoft3.PNG

Avilasoft4.JPG

Avilasoft5.JPG

Is this port correct? (please take a look at all ports) This is the Server PC

Avilasoft6.JPG

Not sure if this is the correct directory tree

Avilasoft6.JPG

Avialasoft7.JPG

Avialasoft8.JPG

Avialasoft9.JPG

Avialasoft10.JPG

Avialasoft11.JPG

Avialasoft12.JPG

Avialasoft13.JPG

Avilasoft13.JPG

AviliaSoft14.JPG

AviliaSoft15.JPG

AviliaSoft16.JPG

AviliaSoft17.JPG

runwayMappings_P3Dv4-NG.txt

serverLogfile-5 - Shortcut.lnk

Urs is AFK at the moment but will return soon and take care of your problem. I see that you have already tinkerend around with various settings. If this is your basic (and first) installation of EFB v2, I would recommend to uninstann EFB v2 completely and reinstall it using standard setting. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING in the basic setup before you intend to connect it to your nework as this is not required for proper network ops. A network connection is always possible using the standard settings. Only in specific cases some alterations are necessary.

HI Oskar

Thank you for taking the time out to reply. I appreciate it very much. I have tried the basic settings. I always use the recommended settings but it obviously didn't work. 

I still need to know when I reinstall it which is the IP address I should enter on the Client? 

Thank you again

Paul

23 minutes ago, psouthan said:

Thank you

I will uninstall it and try again. Do I need the sim running to show it is connected to the server  or will it show amber when connected to the server?

Thanks again

Hi Paul,

No, actually you don't need the Sim running to connect Server and Client via your Network. When connected the red "Server Connection" warning will disappear and the amber "Simulator" warning will remain ON until the server has established connection to the Sim via FSUIPC. It is nevertheless recommended for the initial Setup to have the Sim running to allow the Server detect a few basic settings and to see whether all connections are ok. If properly set up there should be nor more warning at the top right corner of the Client Display.

For normal use of EFB v2 the starting order is irrelevant.