A Question about UPLINK

GAJ52

As a user of EFB v1 for many years, I have now upgraded to v2 and really pleased with my purchase, its a great improvement on v1, didn't think that was possible  ?

My only query is why has v2 not included the import of .PLN files. these are the standard central pivot of FSX/P3D flight plan files, most other 3rd party flight planning software offer the ability to save to the Documents/ (FSX/P3d) files folder and this used to be my main method of loading a flight plan into EFBv1 (as EFB is not designed as a  flight planning software).  I appreciate this is still available via the 'Uplink option' but its not very user friendly compared to having a PLN import facility within the FPL tab menu, it involves going into Windows folders to import the .pln flight plan (ok if you are Windows  tech savvy).

I have read the manual many times and still can't understand why this previously normal method of importing flight plans has been left out of EFBv2 ?

Glen

Hi Glen,

I will consider it to allow .pln files to be loaded as company routes. But always bear in mind that .pln files allow to include waypoints from procedures (SID, STAR, APPR) while EFB v2 does not allow to include such waypoints in a flight plan. This can result in error messages when loading such a file as a company route.

Hi Urs

Many thanks for your replay.

I agree SID, STARS should never be loaded as a flight plan import but if .pln imports could be imported without the sid/star that would be a great addition to your fabulous program.

Thanks for looking into it

Regards Glen