could not identify element

vikelu215

good day all for some reason every-time i export a flight plan to efb v2 up link i get this

"could not identify element" when the star is included in the simbreif flight plan.

then have to manually enter the way points and such. this gets very annoying

anyway to fix that

regular company route loading i dont have the issue.

thanks chris

10 hours ago, vikelu215 said:

for some reason every-time i export a flight plan to efb v2 up link i get this

"could not identify element" when the star is included in the simbreif flight plan.

This is not annoying, this is correct. The STAR is NOT part of a flight plan! (SID and Approach also NOT).

Export/Create a flight plan without STAR/SID/Approach and EFB will recognize and load it, assumed that there are no other errors in the flight plan.

that is correct. SID/STAR shall never be part of a FP (it even appears on many NOTAMS as a reminder),

SID/STAR is for ATC to decide during the clearance process what to assign the pilot with, if at all.

As an ATC controller , let me clear this out for you guys:

SID/STAR is not meant for the pilot, its sole purpose is to aid the controller.

SID/STAR were created by controllers or by the controllers best practices on the field that lead for it's creation,

not by the FIR regulator forcing the controllers to use. this is a very common misconception here i notices among our simmers.

as a rule of thumb: Departure flights shall file only last point of the SID as the first waypoint and first point of STAR as the last waypoint in flight
plan.

It is the ATC's job to get you there, not yours to decide on him how :)

Hi Akila

thanks for this basic situation.

I use PROATC/X for this purpose. And with this data EFBv2 FP will be served.

This is my way to get more realistic for DEPART and APPROACH.

EFBv2 looks very nice and gives a good overview of the entire flight.

Same times i use live charts from (simlink) NavigraphChartsDesktop, its also a good

reverence how correct works PROATC/X.

i see now one last question as i use simbrief for my flight planning...

they have a .efbr file when i save and download it to the uplink it will not work as if i download it as a .pln extension it will recognize it how ever wont load due to the stars and sids included. is there a way for the uplink to recognize  .efbr  when downloaded ?

.efbr=== uplink does not recognize , and this file does not include the sid,s and stars

.pln uplink sees and cannot load due to stars and sids included.

9 minutes ago, vikelu215 said:

i see now one last question as i use simbrief for my flight planning...

they have a .efbr file when i save and download it to the uplink it will not work as if i download it as a .pln extension it will recognize it how ever wont load due to the stars and sids included. is there a way for the uplink to recognize  .efbr  when downloaded ?

.efbr=== uplink does not recognize , and this file does not include the sid,s and stars

.pln uplink sees and cannot load due to stars and sids included.

See the User Guide "6 Flightplan" Chapter "2.3 Flightplan via Uplink" for allowed formats.

i see that now ,.. thanks

but why wont why wont the uplink see .efbr if that extension most exporters and downloadrs offer ?

offering an uplink feature but limiting the files it will read?

will there be any update on this?

it sucks to download the file then have to load it via company route when i have access to the uplink feature.

On 9/10/2018 at 5:06 PM, vikelu215 said:

will there be any update on this?

There is currently no update planned in this regard. I will put it on the "wish-list" and see if it will be implemented when the uplink function is improved to allow not only route creation but also route updating.

but why wont the uplink see .efbr if that extension most exporters and downloadrs offer ?

I'm sure all of these exporters can also create a .pln file. Why not just use this for the time being?