No METAR available for airport

tbarker1989

I did a cross the pond type flight from KMSP to LIRF. Every 10 minutes I got two warnings of

Warning: Could not get ICAO from METAR: No METAR available for EGWC. RMK VATSIM INJECTION.

Warning: Could not get ICAO from METAR: No METAR available for EGOW. RMK VATSIM INJECTION.

I understand that it could not get it but does it need to tell me every 10 minutes that it couldn't get it?

Hi,

according to the forum rules, please sign your post with your real first name.

4 hours ago, tbarker1989 said:

I understand that it could not get it but does it need to tell me every 10 minutes that it couldn't get it?

What was the cause for not be able to get the METAR codes?

Thanks Tim. The message "RMK VATSIM INJECTION" comes from ActiveSky, not from EFB. I don't know this function from ActiveSky, but I guess it's just because ActiveSky cannot create a METAR due to missing data from Vatsim. Because METAR is an important source for different calculations in EFB, I don't like to switch off the warning message in the logfile. At least you can remove the specific sound file from the "caution/warning on status panel" in the Client settings, or just use the real weather option in ActiveSky. Maybe this will get better results. I assume that weather on Vatsim should also be "real weather"?