Airport maps

dwc3402

Having installed the EFb 2 and using this for some time , an annoying issue is apparent.

The airport maps showing taxi way and gates etc doesn't line up correctly. I can be taxing  and on the map I am shown off the taxi way.  Also some of the gates don't line up and on some occasions i am shown in the terminal building.

I realize  this is an AFCAD issue. But I am struggling to find a solution.

I have FLAi  INSTALLED , does this effect AFCADs  ....    I have Traffic Global installed   .... does this effect AFCADs .......

It appears that when I run the EFB2 Db , its not reading the airport AFCADs correctly.

Can some one assist please

Darren Crosby

Moved to proper thread by Admin

1 hour ago, dwc3402 said:

Further to my last it appears that My traffic AFCAD was over writing the Fly Tampa AFCAD.  I removed this from MY Traffic and all lines up now.

Cheers

Darren

Hi Darren,

Good to know. So far I haven't heard of this issue. IMHO no program should OVERWRITE any original BGLs, however I can imagine the reason for it. Most probably AI traffic guidance is now affected, when you removed this "My Traffic" AFCAD. There is however a workaround for such cases, which is described in the User Manual "Database", Chapter # 2.7.

In this special case it would be sufficient to make a copy of the ORIGINAL FlyTampa EKCH AFCAD BGL, rename it EKCH.BGL, copy it into the AFCAD folder of the Server Document Structure: C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\AFCAD and re-run the database builder. This way the "original" EKCH.BGL will be used for drawing the Ground Map and all installed or renamed BGLs of the scenery Installation remain untouched and are used within the Simulator.