EFB v1 vs EFB v2

matty07475

Like many of us I've treasured V1 from day one and still do, so imagine my despair
reading the system requirements for V2...... i5  i7 4GB RAM Windows 7 8 or 10
Recommended.
My trusty core 2 duo machines which still run Vista have served me so well and still do but
unfortunately I'm unable to justify newer PC's, could my ageing equipment run V2?
I thought I'd give the 30 day trial a go anyway.
Bingo! After a bit of configuration V2 works without issues, even on Vista!!
I still love V1 but personally I think it needed a fresh look, after two weeks of use it's won me over.
I hope both versions can work alongside each other as I feel I will still use V1
V2 has my vote hands down even for us with older machines.
Much gratitude to all at Aivlasoft for this amazing software.

Mark.

image.png

3 minutes ago, matty07475 said:

I hope both versions can work alongside each other as I feel I will still use V1

Hi Mark,

Yes, EFB v1 and V2 can work alongside without any problems, as long as you use the default installation paths. This ensures proper separation of all modules.

Thank you for your kind words about our work. A minimum requirement for a certain software defines an equipment on which which it runs without problems. This does of course no imply that it wouldn't run on other (lower) equipment. Minimum Requirements are also a statement to cope with the present situation on the hardware- and OS market. We are just not in the position to check all other combinations of earlier hard- and software, as e.g. Windows Vista vs. Windows 7. We simply do not have the systems to check out such equipment anymore. In this context it becomes obvious that the minimum equipment is what we can test and warrant for proper functionality. It does however not necessarily mean that it won't run on other combinations. We just can't give a guarantee as we are unable to test it.